Chapter 5

"Thankfully your injuries are not severe. You don't have a concussion and the swelling is rather minor. The bruises and should go away within 2 weeks." Law said while applying ointment and new bandages to your hands.

"I figured as much. Thanks."

Law hummed with a nod. "The ramen is done."

The two of you settled in the living room with your dinner. Usually the two of you watched Netflix while eating, but you were still caught up in the thoughts about your case. You promised yourself to not open your laptop and search for Caesar Clown while Law was visiting you, but curiosity was getting to you. You can't recall hearing about him, though if you're being honest with yourself, chemical science wasn't exactly your field of interest or expertise.

You looked up from you food to Law. It would probably be considered rude to bring up work again, but he was your cousin and he was familiar with the science/medical community. Maybe he-

"Do I have food stuck in goatee again?" He interrupted your thoughts,

You shook your head with a chuckle. "No, I'm just thinking."

Law raised a questioning eyebrow.

You sighed.

"Ever heard of a Caesar Clown?"

Law's face became serious. "Yes. What is he to you?"

"He was mentioned in my case and might be my next lead, but I don't recall hearing about him. Do you mind sharing what you know about him?"

Law gave you an incredulous look. "Are you really interrogating me during dinner?"

"No~ just trying to start up conversation."

Law crossed his arms with a sigh.

"I never personally met him, but he was fairly well known, particularly in the science community. As I recall, he was a former apprentice of Dr. Vega-Punk and specialized in biochemical warfare. However, his license was revoked 2 years ago once it was discovered he ran inhumane tests and ignored protocols. Last I heard, he, surprisingly, managed to get off by paying a large fine and destroying all his research."

You nodded with a hum.

So this guy has connections with the higher ups. That's the only possible explanation for him not being arrested.

"What's your reason for asking about him?"

"He was mentioned in my case by the lawyer's murderer."

"Your case which is no closed?"

"Not quite. I still need to tie up loose ends. Since I don't have any other leads to follow at the moment, he piqued my interest."

"Hmm..... I think you need a vacation."

"Excuse me?"

"You can't seem to get your mind off work. As a doctor, I suggest you find some distraction for a few days."

"Says the surgeon with heavy bags under his eyes darker than my bruises?"

"Bepo, come here boy." Law turned his attention to the white husky, who was happily chewing on a toy.

"Hey! You can't start ignoring me!"

"Oh dear cousin, just because I'm giving Bepo attention doesn't mean I'm ignoring you." Law said with a small smirk forming on his lips.

Smart ass...

"Law, I'm in the middle of a case. I can't take a vacation, even if I wanted to. I know you're worried about me, so if it makes you feel better I'll... accept a little extra help on the case... Just a little though."