Prologue: the broken heroic spirit

10 year old Y/n POV

I woke up just like always in a pool of my own blood. I had still fresh cuts on my body from Tai's most recent drunk blackout. I got up and limped my out of my room only to collapse against the ground right in front of my door.

My sister Ruby walked in and saw me on the ground in pain and she helped me up. I then said "I'm sorry to inconvenience you." She then said "what are you talking about? Y/n your hurt you need to rest." I then said "just leave me here and go eat breakfast I don't want you to get in trouble." She then said "but big bro-" I then interrupted and said "just go I'll be fine I promise." I then smiled which has just become meaningless and a pail imitation of happiness. She then put me down and left.

I stopped smiling and prepared for my escape starting with taking Tai's knife. I got up and set up a tripwire made from some meal tape I stole from the shed.

As expected Tai came marching up the stairs and bursting into my room and tripped over the meal tape and dropped his knife. I grabbed is knife and said "you're never going to hurt me again and before I go I'm gonna make sure you never try to find me and give you something to remember me by." I then stabbed him deep in the right leg and ran to the window and jumped out of it and ran into the forest and got to the docks and spent the money I've been stealing from Tai for the last 5 months on a ticket to Vale.

I boarded and the ship and it departed. When it finally arrived I was greeted by a blonde woman that said "Qrow told us about your situation come with me." I then said "where are you taking me." She then said "your father." I then followed her

Timeskip an hour later

We were in beacon Academy and we were walking to the headmasters office. When we got there a man with white hair got out of the chair and said "Y/n Rose... it's been so long since I last saw you... how big you've grown... my son." I then said "wait what? Your my dad?!" He then said "yes I am."

I then said "Qrow told you what happened I'm guessing." He then said "indeed he also told me your incredibly talented with a bow and a blade." I then said "yeah I am." He then said "I can feel you have some hidden semblances one of them I can unlock and the other should unlock as you get stronger."

He placed his hand on my head and I felt dizzy then my aura began to cover me and changed from it's normal white to blood red. He then removed his hand from my head and said "your semblance is called hawk eye. With it you can never miss a target with your bow if you activate it. I also gave you the ability to summon your weapons out of... thin... air." I then said "what's the matter?" He then grabs a mirror and shows me. My hair turned white. I then said "that's weird."

He then said "in any case I'm glad to have you here, my son." I then said "thank you dad." He then said "Glynda would you please show him to his room?" The blonde woman apparently named Glynda then said "of course. Come with me child." I then followed her to my room and it was actually nice it was spacious and actually had a bed.

Glynda then said "you seem surprised." I then said "my previous room was more of a prison cell then a bedroom so this is a little overwhelming." She then said "well you have no need to worry about that anymore. Welcome to your new home." I then said "thank you I'm glad to be here."