Chapter 12: When Dealing With Heritages, Just Talk To A Tree/Witches' Realm

I teleported to Nicole's room, maybe by accident or maybe on purpose. I don't know. I just think there something here that would serve as a indicator of where she and Sabrina went. While I was searching for a clue, I started to think about what Madi said. About her and Nicole making a deal, to stop me no matter what.

The more I think about it, the more I realized that maybe Madi might be telling the truth about her and Nicole making a mini deal. If so, I wonder what Madi said to convince her to make a deal. Anyways, I don't blame Nicole for getting mad at me. I mean, if my friend was secretly a male and he pretended to be female and never told me, yet revealed himself when telling some mean girls off, I would be pissed off too.

Of course, I was still kind of mad at Sabrina. I mean, I get why she suddenly wanted to be like the popular girls, kind of. I just wished she handled it a lot better. I wished she was a better friend to Nicole. Most of all, I wish she wasn't ashamed of being a half-witch.

I looked down at my half star. It seem like all of this started, just because of this star. I shook my head. It has nothing to do with the star, it's how people viewed it is a problem.

I found the clue at last, a book that was opened to a map. A map of the Witches Realm. "They went there." The dragon in the book said, pointing at the Witches' Realm. "Of course. The Tree of Wisdom is there, so that's where they'll go to. Thanks." I said as I teleported out of there with my suitcase, or could I say, my messenger bag after reciting the incantation for safe passage. Yep, as I left the storage room, I changed my suitcase into something I can carry easily.

I know the place I was heading towards was forbidden to us, but if Sabrina and Nicole are heading to the Tree of Wisdom, that's where they will be heading to. Also, I'm not writing it down, just in case if there anyone that wants to misuse the incantation and cause havoc there.

I teleported myself to the Witches Realm. "Better find them soon. So I can fix my mistake with Nicole." I said. "Also, apologized to Sabrina for losing my cool." I added as I walked for a bit until I got to the gate. I hid in the shadows and saw Sabrina and Nicole in front of me. I was about to call out to them when they went inside some cauldrons to get inside the gate. Dang it, this is getting harder and harder. Now I'm starting to feel the effects of Nicole's deal with Madi, as I couldn't move fast enough to jump into those cauldrons.

Time for the secret weapon, though I never did enjoy this method of transport. I took a deep breath before running towards a huge shadow on the wall near the gate. Just as it seems like I'm going to hit the wall, I vanished into the shadows. It took all of my willpower not to scream in the moment.

Some of you might ask 'Why? Shadow travel sounds like the coolest thing ever.' You are incorrect. Just imagine being in a avalanche or under the dirt, buried. That how I felt when I shadow traveled, except the feeling is much worse. It felt like the shadows want to eat me and keep me in there forever. I managed to get out at my destination, luckily. Even though I stumbled a bit upon my exit from the darkness and soon kiss the ground in sweet relief.

Now it's time to find Sabrina and Nicole and convince not to go through with this plan. And given the number of times I convinced Sabrina to change her mind, I think this will not go in my favor if I go that route. Sorry if you're reading this, Sabrina, but you know it to be true. Good thing I can sense Sabrina's aura. No, not as well as a Lucario, those Pokemon are experts. No, more like I can just, I don't know how to explain it, see colored light from her. Not only can I see her blonde aura, but I can also picked up on Nicole's blue aura.

I ran after the auras, hoping to catch up to the two. I ran past a couple of shops until I was grabbed by my upper arm by a witch. "You looked like a nice boy. Loving, caring and friendly." A witch said to me, creepily. Jeez, what is it with creepy adults attracted to me for some reason? "Yeah, why?" I asked, pulling my arm away and rubbing it. "I can fix that. Jar of Heartlessness, just for you, guaranteed to turn you selfish, mean and uncaring." The witch said, showing it to me, which I saw a pair of green eyes in there. Creep factor increased by a million.

"Thanks, but no thanks." I said. "Oh, so you're just like those two girls your age who went by a couple of minutes ago." She said, disappointed. "Really? Where did they go?" I asked her. She just pointed down the street. I nodded my head in thanks to her and ran down the street.

I passed a gas station, except it was for broomsticks. This just gets weirder and weirder by the minute. And I'm no closer to Nicole and Sabrina. I even passed by a shop that sells poison apples to princesses. Poison apples, for Christ sake! I even saw some magical creature on strike about news and unfairness. I didn't stick around to pay attention. I still need to find Nicole and Sabrina and fast!

Soon I ended up at a park in the center, just as Sabrina and Nicole's aura were beginning to wane. See, the thing is I could only sense aura for a limited time, which is a hour. The hour is almost up so I returned back to normal vision. This is getting more difficult, thanks to Nicole's deal with Madi. How did Madi made that deal with Nicole and why would Nicole made that deal in the first place? Besides being pissed off with me.

After a couple of moments, I found their footprints. Thanks mom, for those combat training. After a while, I found them, talking to a witch with green hair. I listened in on their discussion. "Looking for something, dearies?" The witch asked them. "The Tree of Wisdom. You know how to get there?" Sabrina asked her. Please say no, or tell them to go back to Witch Academy. "A magic portal can get you anywhere." The witch said, conjuring up three doors. Of course not, because my prayers would be denied like that! I even hit my head on a tree to prove my annoyance at this.

"Care to try one?" The witch asked them. They walked towards the doors. "But which?" Sabrina asked the witch. "That's for you to discover." She said to them. "What do we got to lose?" Sabrina asked Nicole. "That's what I'm afraid of." Nicole said. Sabrina reached for the yellow door. Now my chance, screw the mini deal. In fact, I feel like it expired now. I jumped out from my hiding spot and ran towards them, hoping this is the chance to stop them now.