I opened my mouth to reply, but Maya beat me to it. Lucas walked up to her. "It is good to see you again, Mrs. Jacobs. How have you been?"

"Healthy. As always."
She said and shrugged.

My guess; Lucas doesn't know of Maya's cancer. I turned to Tammy, who held my hand and made me face her, my attention strayed from Lucas and the Jacobs.
"He proposed."
She whispered.

I looked down at her finger and smiled. I tried to act surprised even though I wasn't, just for fun. And so Derrick doesn't get tagged as the big mouth.
"Oh, my God. This is beautiful. Congratulations."
I gave her a hug.

I looked up when Jenna walked up to us and pulled Tammy in a hug that made her obviously surprised.
"Wow. Nice to meet you too, Jenna."
Tammy said. "You missed me this much and couldn't call? Typical."

Jenna shrugged. "I missed picking fights with you all the time."

Tammy turned her surprised gaze to me.

"When is the wedding?"
I asked.

"You know what? I have to say hello to Mrs. Jacobs. We will talk as much as we want. I have lots of gists for you."
Tammy said to me and ran off to see Maya.

I sighed. "Awwn. That's so romantic. I heard it happened as a big surprise. If that happened to me, I would kiss the guy silly."

"I hate surprises. I'll definitely kill him."
She said and I turned to her.

"Honestly? I don't know what planet you came from."
I told her. I stood with Jenna, watching the hugs and laughter from the Jacobs to the engaged couple.

"I'm sorry I'm late. Hope I didn't miss anything?"
I turned around to find Lala struggling to hold her hair with a rubber band, with Heart beside her trying to get the bag she was also struggling with.
"Thank you."
She said to him.

"You made it right on time. Tammy and Lucas just arrived."
I told her.

"Oh my God. Tammy is back?"

I nodded, sharing in her excitement. "And engaged."

"Say God! This is good news. Who's the lucky man?"

"Lucas. Who else?"
Jenna said and rolled her eyes.

Lala turned to give her the death stare and turned back to me. Honestly, I don't think I can ever get these two to like each other. "Oh, let  me say hello to them. I'll be right back."
She scrambled off to the others.

"Hello, Heart. Fancy seeing you here." I said.

He nodded. "Yes, I needed the air. Besides, I took a month leave from work. Lala dragged me here."

"It is worth it."
I said.

He turned to Jenna but she turned around as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, it seemed like it happen coincidentally. But I know better.

"Tammy, can I get one of those?!"
She called after Tammy.

"She's just. . ."

He nodded. "I know. Come on. No need to spoil the fun."
He said, smiling.

~•°•~

"And he took out the box, I was so stunned and so fucking excited, I wanted to fall off my chair."
Tammy explained at the table during lunch at the beach house and everyone laughed.

Lucas smiled, spinning his glass of wine and listening to how Tammy expressed her excitement. I didn't know she was this in love with him, with how excited she is right now, talking about Lucas's proposal.