Chapter 8: A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

It’s now 9:26 in the morning as Amelia and I have decided skip breakfast with the family and eat in grandfather’s study while we put our attention into finding Michael’s exact location. One of the butlers come inside with our food says with a glint of pride “ For one's as young as yourselves, this much work would usually take more than just two people. Hopefully this will help keep u both on track.” Amelia chuckles as she thanks him for our delivering our meal to us. As soon as the door closes behind him, Amelia tries to keep the dead silence from returning while we continue on our task. “ On usual circumstances I would have a team in on this, but now things have become ever so complicated.” she says with a reluctant sigh as she takes a sip of her coffee, which of her own curiosity in asking me why we are still the only ones working this case. “ I’d prefer that we keep all the knowledge that we attained on Michael under wraps until I am 100 percent sure that he doesn’t have anyone on the inside helping keep him a step ahead of us.” I said to her as I begin to think about the only people that know the details about this mission. Excluding the two of us, that only leaves the elders and my now retired grandfather. The possible factor that we could have a mole in the brotherhood cannot be ruled out, so the next step would be to figure out how well connected Michael is and to who. 

Amelia eats her breakfast as she stares at me with a goofy smile, which begs me to ask the question of why. “ How long has it been? Been awhile since we’ve spoken about it even though I had to force it out of you when we do.” She says before taking a sip of her coffee with that very annoying and curious stare in her eyes. Through all my years of training, the one thing I could never beat was my sister’s very intellectual way of prying into my personal life. “ 6 months.” I said to her with the least bit of interest of continuing on the subject while I continued our researched but nothing doesn’t stop the over curious mind of  the Libro Nero ( Black Book ) of the brotherhood. “ For 3 of those months we were discovering who our traitor was, so don’t you think it's past due for a visit.” Before I got the chance to reply, the door is opened by Rolando followed by a group of children. “ Sorry to interrupt your investigation but we’ll only be a moment.” He says with a lazy grin on his face as he waves the children off to walk through the study. “ Well this is just precious, who would’ve seen the day Rolando Roberts be walking around as a father.” Amelia says to me with a chuckle as he walks towards us. “ Well dear sister someone had to do it ... even though the burden may be to great for some.” He says with envy twisting it's through his voice but I have no interest in his uncanny remarks as I continue with the investigation. Awkward  silence flows through the room while Amelia jabs Rolando in the arm and pulls him aside asking for a quick discussion as they walk out of the room. “ What in the hell has gotten into you.” Amelia says to Rolando shutting the door with barely a whisper questioning his motives. “ It’s nothing he has not heard before Amelia, so what is the issue.” He said nonchalantly while Amelia became more enraged by his actions. “ How long has it been since we’ve all been home together? 5, maybe 6 months and first thing you say sober to your older brother after drinking and celebrating with him the night before is some shit like that? Where is this coming from Lando?" She says confused as Rolando cuts his eyes at her. “ I did it for our great and loving father, who would want nothing then to see his kids all get along.” He said. She walks back into the study and quickly goes into grandfather’s liquor cabinet, grabbing half a bottle of whiskey and a small glass. After 2 or 3 glasses and an enraged explanation of what happened in the hallway, she soon started to calm down and stared at me for awhile as I kept looking for connections to where Michael might be next. “What's been going on with you guys? Last night, you two were having a ball.” She said to me as I closed the files for a break and look outside. “He’s still upset with me about becoming the Spada Cupa, and I guess you can say it goes even deeper than that. We never spoke about it but I saw it written all over his face.” I said to her thinking about how much closer Rolando and I were as children, then one of the butlers comes in to the study with father and a woman. " I thought it would be good for the Spada Cupa to be in the acquaintance of his wife." Our eyes widen once the sun touched her face and she began to speak. “Seems like you two are busy as usual.” She said with  a soft nostalgic tone as I could do nothing but stare in surprise and shock.