"Samhain" Halloween Contest

HALLOWEEN IS COMING AND WE HAVE A CONTEST FOR YOU! 

        As some of you might know Halloween can be traced back to the Celtic festival of Samhain. This festival was celebrated at the end of the harvest and marked the beginning of the darker half of the year. It was believed that the borders between our world and the other world of Aos Si could easily be crossed during this time. Throughout the night, rituals would be held and bonfires lit in order to cleanse and protect. 

        But this year the night doesn't seem to end. The sun doesn't mark the beginning of the new year, and you and your people are starting to worry. What can possibly be causing this, and more importantly, how are you going to solve it?

       Use the above paragraphs as a premise and follow your imagination. 

Guidelines

All entries must be written in English and abide by the Wattpad Content Guidelines to be judged.

Entry must be submitted through this form.

You can submit more than one entry; however, each entry must be a stand-alone, not part of another work. However, it can be compiled into a book with other stories, but it has to be a separate complete story. Series are not allowed.

The maximum number of words per entry is 2,000.

All entries must be submitted by Oct 31, 2019. After the deadline, no entries will be accepted.

You must tag your stories with #HistoricalFictionSamhain for your entry to be considered successful.

The entries will be judged based on quality and not popularity. There will be two judges assigned for each entry to maintain fairness.

Prizes

The top three winners will receive a sticker and shout out from the profile and also our social media platform (Twitter: @Ambassadors @WattpadHF, Facebook, and Instagram).

In addition, their entries will be added to our anthology and reading list.