Historical Fiction SmackDown: What Happens Next?

ENTRY TO THE HISTORICAL FICTION SMACKDOWN IS NOW CLOSED. MEANS WE CAN GET DOWN TO THE REAL FUN AND GAMES!

Thank you to everyone who submitted a qualifying entry to our inaugural SmackDown contest. The response has been tremendous and those qualifying entries fantastic!

But what happens next, eh?

You have been split into 'pots' or groups of 5-6 competitors. We haven't based this on anything other than the order in which we received your qualifying entries so the first five submissions make up Pot 1, the second five make up Pot 2, etc... (although given one or two last minute entries, which is most definitely a good thing, we added the final two contestants to submit a qualifying entry to the bottom end of the first two pots!) For the duration of the first three rounds (Round 1.1, Round 1.2, Round 1.3) you will be competing directly against those in your pot. Come the conclusion of the judging of Round 1.3, the two contestants who've accumulated the highest overall score in each pot will progress to the Round of 12, the first knockout stage - we don't need to worry about any of that right now though! The most important thing here, is having fun!

Each pot will be given the same three prompts for the first three rounds (Round 1.1, Round 1.2, Round 1.3) so don't worry, no one is missing out on anything! Once judging at the end of each round is complete, the standings of each pot will be made available so everyone can see how they're getting on, and faring compared to their peers!

Pot 1

Katerinatemza 

CelticWarriorQueen17 

MaryEllenCampbell 

HRMQ_Jess 

Alatary

yellowplanet101 

Pot 2

antmedinas 

Victoriad711 

ElementRay932 

Luckydonivan 

UniquelyCliche

Brittanyscastle 

Pot 3

Teraya_Legit 

RobynTheWriter827 

TechieInAK 

Hadley_Swiss 

ERFolsom 

Pot 4

Alice_Iceflower 

izzywriter2 

S-L-V-R 

YounkinS 

Dark_Flame_Rose 

Pot 5

giawriter 

hashbrown-irwin 

_words_of_a_woman_ 

Ronianna 

Msftsavages 

Pot 6

LostSoul84

 2dogsBfun

Michael_Gillis 

Arveliot

AmyLance