April '23 Contest

The year is 1912, and you have gotten word the person you believe to be your soulmate is to finally travel home on the Titanic

The year is 1912, and you have gotten word the person you believe to be your soulmate is to finally travel home on the Titanic. However, during their maiden voyage, the unsinkable ship sinks. Your significant other's name is supposedly on the list of survivors, but they have yet to make an appearance. A year goes by with no word until they one day appear on your doorstep. What happens? Begin the story as your soulmate knocks on the door of the apartment you share with your marital partner of two weeks.

OR

Between 1620 and 1640, many Puritan believers migrated to New England, a colony in the Americas, with a belief that the Church of England was not sufficiently reformed and retained too much of the Catholic roots after its reformation. The church has accused you of a crime you did not commit in the new colony, and despite the sentence not being too harsh, you are dead set on proving the church and community wrong. What happens? Begin your story as you receive your sentence.

 What happens? Begin your story as you receive your sentence

→ Choose one of the prompts above. You cannot write an entry on both prompts.

→ Entries should be written specifically for this contest.

→ We only accept entries written in English, as that is our only language capability.

→ Entries should not contain more than 2,500 words, or less than 1,500. We are willing to give a small leeway of 50 words, however, no more than that.

→ Mature entries are accepted, as long as they adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

→ We welcome fanfiction and LGBTQIAP+ entries.

→ Your entry can be written as a standalone, or part of an existing collection. However, if you write in an existing collection, you'll need to link to the chapter in the submissions form for your story to be eligible, not the stories details page.

→ Submit your story through this form. Submissions will close on April 30th, 11.59 PM GMT +2. Submissions after this time will automatically be disqualified.

→ You're welcome to share your entry in the comment section, however, only doing so will not make your story eligible for judging.

→ A shoutout from our profile.

→ A unique sticker to put on your cover, or anywhere else you'd like.

→ Added to our Flashback Anthology with your permission.

Contest Disclaimer: Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.