Another moan spurred me out of my thoughts and I quickly grabbed my jacket off the back of the couch and ran out the front door.

As I started off down the sidewalk, I started to wonder where I should go. There's an out door market a couple miles away maybe I could go there. I've never been to a market. I wonder what one looks like. Deciding to go to the market, I threw on my coat. I slipped the material onto my shoulders and it fell to just above my knees. It was kind of dressy looking, with a wavy bottom half to it. My mom bought it for me a few years back because it has a strap on the inside on the back bottom part that I could wrap my tail around to help me conceal it.

I finally buttoned up the jacket and started walking down the road while pulling my hair back in to a pony tail to cover my ears. Hah, the life of a neko is not easy man.

----------------------------------------------

Upon Reaching The Market

----------------------------------------------

I turned on to the road that the market was on. Oh wow. On both sides of the street are small businesses, Just people trying to make a little extra cash. There was fruit stands, ice cream shops, little restaurants, antique stores, some people selling weapons, some art displays, a book store, etc. The shops seemed to continue for a couple miles and there were no cars around, just lots of happy looking people milling about. I love this place already. I haven't even started looking and I already never want to leave! I'm so excited!

"Oh would you look at who it is." Spoke to soon. I turned around to face the familiar high pitched squeaky voice. She gave me an ugly look when I turned around to face her, making her already caked on make up face just look even sluttier. It was that girl who was making out with Derek on my locker the first day of school.

"You know, you really need to back off of Derek. He don't want trash like you ok whore." She said as she flung her blond hair over her shoulder. At the mention of Derek's name, what happened at my house flashed through my mind. I shuddered at the memory that burned itself into my innocent mind. Then I rose my eyebrows at her as I just realized what she just said. Did she just describe herself to me. Wow dis hoe, dis hoe. Just as I opened my mouth to say something back, she stormed past me squealing. I watched as she jumped on a guy, that was most definitely not Derek, and began to make out with him right there in public.

I stood there and watched with raised eyebrows until I felt a tug on my sleeve. I looked down to see a boy around five years old with tan skin and brown eyes looking up at me.

"Hiii!!!! My names Scott. Today's my birthday so me mommy and daddy came here to look for my present!" He said happily, putting his hands behind his back and smiling a massive smile at me. I smiled down at him.

"Hello Scott, I'm Jesse. Happy Birthday!!" I said. This kids smile is contagious.

His eyes shined bright. "Thank you!" He said clapping his hands together. I looked around to see if I could spot his parents but found nobody that looked like they were.

"Scotty, where's your parents?" I asked. At this he giggled.

"I don't knooow. I ran off to play." He said. Play? With who?

It was then that I felt something run into my back and a thump on the ground. I turned around to see another little boy sitting up from where he fell. He looked to be the same age as Scott.

"Oh my gosh! Are you ok?" I asked, bending down to look at him.

"Tag you're it!" He shouted in my face. I stared dumbfounded at him. Did I not hurt him? Scott turned to face me with excitement all over his face.