XXVIII- Greyson's Back

Start from the beginning

"Right," Greyson said and his eyes narrowed, anger flashing through them. "The whole town thinks I'm dead. Because of Rogue."

Harry disappeared and Indianna looked up at Greyson. "Talk to me," she said quietly.

"I will," Greyson said slowly. "I'll tell you everything, I promise. You just need to give me time. I guess I'm a little bit all over the place as well."

"How can I help?" Indianna asked.

"Don't leave my sight," Greyson said firmly. "You can help me by being with me. Just the thought of you, sugar, kept me sane. The thought of eventually coming back to you kept me strong. You saved my life, Indianna. You are the one and only reason why I survived Rogue."

*

The pack house was quiet when they arrived and Greyson was glad. He wasn't ready to deal with anyone, explain anything. All he wanted was Indianna and nothing else. He was just wanted to spend the night with her and deal with being an Alpha tomorrow.

"You have to tell the pack," Harry said when the three of them got out of the car. "They're not stupid, people will realise that there's something off. They'll notice your scent."

"They'll have questions," Greyson sighed.

"Of course they will."

"I've not seen my mate in months, I want one night with her before shit gets serious," Greyson snapped. "I don't care that people will have questions, the questions will still be there tomorrow. Let me rest, let me hold my mate and tomorrow I will be the Alpha."

Harry stared at Greyson for a few moments before nodding. "I'll tell Ace and Kal, we'll inform the pack of your return. Ace will arrange a meeting for tomorrow. They're going to want to see living proof."

"Do not tell my family, I will. And make sure the meeting is tomorrow evening. I want to see you guys in the day and we need to come up with a plan."

"A plan?"

"Do you think I've spent months being physically and mentally tortured and I'm just going to let it go now I've been allowed back?" Greyson scoffed. "We're going to kill Rogue, for good this time."

Indianna felt something she hadn't felt in a long time. Hope.

*

Harry left Greyson and Indianna alone as they made their way into the pack house. Indianna found herself pulling Greyson forward, he almost didn't want to go inside. "I did wonder if I'd ever step foot in this house again," he admitted. "The thought of you kept me going, but I did have times where I thought I'd never see any of this again."

"Come on," Indianna said softly and pulled Greyson inside. It was natural for her to make her way up the stairs and to Greyson's room, but it was as if Greyson was walking through the house for the first ever time.

"You've been staying in my room," Greyson said when they walked in. "Nothing has changed."

"I wanted to be close to you," Indianna said. She turned around and locked the door. "Let's get you cleaned up." Indianna walked up to Greyson and grabbed the bottom of the dirty tshirt he was wearing.

"Wait," Greyson said sharply and held Indianna's wrist. "Prepare yourself."

Indianna frowned and raised Greyson's tshirt over his head. She gasped. Scars covered his chest, along with old and fresh wounds. She could barely see any skin amongst the wounds, scars, dirt and blood. "Oh," she said and gulped. She cautiously raised her hand to his chest. "Greyson. I'm so sorry."

Greyson placed his hand over Indianna's. The feel of his heart beating soothed her. "It's okay," he said. "Rogue underestimated me. He thought he could break me. All of this is superficial. I'm okay, sugar."