Rainy Day - Lily x Nugget

High School AU

uh. hi guys. sorry i was dead lol

Lily is 16
Nugget is 17

Lily's PoV

Finally the bell rung signalling the end of the day. I pick up my bag and walk out of the school. I make my way down the street when i feel a drop of rain on my head. Then another. And another. Then it was soon pouring it down with rain. I sigh as my hair got wet.

As I'm walking i trip and fall into a puddle. I groan and a few tears leak from my eyes when suddenly it stopped raining and I heard a familiar voice ask,

"Is the Pretty Lily okay?"

I look up and meet Nugget's emerald green eyes. His freckled cheeks were dusted with a rost hue and he had his hand out. I smiled and took it. He pulled me up onto my feet and looked at my soaked figure.

"Nugget's house is only 5 minutes away. Would the Pretty Lily like to go to Nugget's house to dry off? She can borrow some of Nugget's clothes if she wishes." he offers. I smile and nod as we walk hand in hand to Nugget's house. It was a decently sized house and when we walked inside i could hear scrubbing coming from the kitchen.

"Are you home Nugget?" I hear a female voice shout from the kitchen. I hear the scrubbing and running water stop and in walks a female a little bit shorter than Nugget walk into the room, her blonde hair tied up into a ponytail. "Oh hello dear!"

"Mum, this is Lily. She's here because she needs to dry off." Nugget says. I wave and she smiles.

"Its nice to meet you Lily! Im Nugget's mother, but you can just call me Kerry." She beams. I smile and nod in response "Nugget when she changes out of her wet clothes give them to me and ill put them in the dryer."

Nugget nods and we go upstairs. He gives me some of his mum's leggings that dont fit her anymore and one of his hoodies. I get changed and give Nugget my wet clothes, my cheeks red. "You're adorable.." I hear Nugget say. We both blush a deep red and get quickly runs downstairs while i sit on his bed combing my hair.

"God Nugget is so dreamy.. how can i tell him I like him..?" I say to myself. Footsteps walk into the bedroom and i get picked up and spun around.

"Lily could have said so sooner" Nugget whispers in my ear and pulls me in for a kiss.

And they say rainy days are meant to be sad..

I've never been happier.