Long Distance - Ted x Penny

This wasn't requested

I wanted to make a different version of the last oneshot

Ted's PoV

It was a calm Monday night. Felix and Adam were out on a date so I was looking after their daughter, Makayla. I sat her on my lap as I opened up my laptop and got Skype up.

"Are you ready to meet auntie Penny?" I ask her. Makayla smiles and does a little dance. I chuckle and get Penny's account up and click video call.

Soon I saw Penny's face on my screen. Makayla smiles and waves enthusiastically, "Pwincess!!"

Penny giggles and I smile, "Who's this little cutie?" She asks.

"This is Makayla, she's Felix and Adam's adopted daughter. Im babysitting her while they're out on a date and I thought you might want to meet her."

"Well it's very nice to meet you Makayla! I'll bring a present home for you." She smiles, my heart melting at the sight. "Im about to land in half an hour."

"Do you want us to pick you up?"

"If you could then that would be great."

"I'll be there soon. Bye sweetie!"

"Bye Theo!"

I end the call and put my coat and boots on. I got Makayla in her coat and boots and we sat on the couch watching Tv before i took her to the car. I put her in the backseat and spent another 2 minutes trying to figure out how the seatbelt works for her.

Soon we were on the road and nearly at the airport. I parked and saw Penny walking over to the car. She gets in the passengers seat and buckles her seatbelt as I begin driving back to the house.

I parked the car in the driveway and walked inside as Penny picked up Makayla, who was giggling and saying, "You wook wike a Pwincess! You're vewy pwetty"

Penny just smiled and said, "Thank you! One day you'll be a Princess too."

I picked up the small box and put it in my pocket as i turned to Penny.

"Penny," I began, getting on one knee as she walked through the door, "I know you don't like being the centre if attention for big events but will you be the centre of attention for our wedding?"

I pull out the box and open it to reveal a silver ring with a small light blue tinted diamond in the middle. She gasps and Makayla holds out her arm and makes grabbing motions with her hand.

"Teddy.. Of course I will!" She says, crying happy tears. Makayla looks at her and wipes the tears away but begins to cry with her. I hug them both and put the ring on her finger.

"Whats all the crying for?" I hear Adam's voice ask. We all look over to see Felix and Adam.

"Theo and I are getting married!" Penny says, "And this little Princess can be a bridesmaid."

Felix smiles at me, "My baby brother is finally growing up."

"Im not a baby Felix.."

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

okay im on a train rn to manchester and its raining a lot.

i just wanted to see if i could buy a ukulele in manchester ;-;