There was a little girl holding Dave's hand, she favored his features a lot. maybe that's his sister.. Come on now you know that's not his sister.

"Hey" Dave said when we were finally face to face. His hand met with the back of his neck as he rubbed it.

Though I kept my eyes on the little girl as he talked to me.

"daddy why she look at me" the little girl asked tugging Dave's hand to get his attention. My eyes were probably the size of baseballs when I took in the word she called him. daddy? he has a daughter?

"baby this is daddy friend Ms.Kacey, say hello." he encouraged his daughter but she kept looking at me and I kept looking at her.

Joy cleared her throat from behind me and finally I had the strength to pull my eyes upward towards Dave who had an uncomfortable expression on his face.

"maybe we should go" Joy said taking her keys out her purse.

"no don't leave we can sit down and eat since we're already here" Dave said but I didn't want to sit down with him he kept secrets, a big one at that. Along with kids came a mother and I didn't have time to deal with baby momma drama.

"no that's okay we really need to get going" I said turning around before he could say anything.

Before I could get too far hands grabbed mine as Dave leaned down to my ear.

"I wasn't asking no questions" Dave aggressively whispered in my ear.
He turned me around grabbing my hand and picking up his daughter walking us to the mall's chick fil a.

When we sat down I immediately asked why he didn't inform me of his little bundle of sunshine who's name was Kairi. He explained that he didn't just tell strangers he had a daughter because he didn't know their intention. He said that he was going to tell me tonight but just so happened, everything didn't go as planned.

"So what y'all getting into today?" Dave asked feeding his daughter a piece of the nugget.

"Well Kacey's best friend is having a cook out for his birthday so we gone show face." Joy said as I grabbed my phone once I seen it ringing.

Incoming call from ..
MOM ❤️

"Hello" I said into the phone

"Hey baby I haven't heard from you. " my mother said.

"I'm sorry momma, I've been really busy. Im gonna see you today though." I said.

"Mhm don't let being busy get you a whooping you not too old and yes you will see me tell Joy she better wear some clothes to this party too. ", My mother said

I laughed, "Yes ma'am I will and okay I love you I'll see you in a little bit." I said attempting to end the conversation since Dave and Joy were staring at me.

"Mhm okay Cece don't make me pop up. I love you too" she said before hanging up.

When I looked up Joy and Dave were wrapping up their food and looked as though they were ready to go.

"Thank you for the food" I said making eye contact with Dave.

"It's no problem mamas" he said looking at me with a smile.