Chapter 18: Source

Tom plays with his finger while he stares at the ground. He sat by the side of the window as he watches students get inside.

Everything must go to plan!

Tom didn't see Hermione this morning and never heard her name among students.

If his conclusions are right, Hermione was the source last night.

A new plan came into his mind.

Why didn't he think about it?

Maybe he could use Hermione in more than many ways. Not just her connection to the ministry but something more.

If that energy is from her last night, then she must hold something powerful.

He doesn't care if it is immortality as long as it gives him power.

While he seeks that power he will continue to seek immortality and ruled the wizarding world as it would be.

His Knights whom people thought was his friend will be his pieces of the war he will make. His Walpurgis Knight. At Hogwarts, Tom Riddle assembled this gang. He let them believed they were friends of his and made it seem so publicly. In fact, however, as he never once wanted a friend, he had no emotional connection to them and he only exploited them to do his deeds.

It's funny how the people see him differently well maybe because of him being exceptional acting abilities.

Tom was able to convince virtually all of the Hogwarts staff and instructors that this facade was his true personality.

The sole exception to this was Dumbledore, who, though not necessarily suspicious of Riddle, never forgot about his misdeeds at the orphanage, nor his unsettling behavior during their first meeting.

In turn, Riddle realized that he had been careless in showing Dumbledore his true character upon their first meeting, and never attempted to win him over as he had with his other instructors. In time, he came to fear and despise Dumbledore.

Minutes before he makes sure non of the student in the Griffindor was left in their dorm he secretly sneak in.

With his wand, he used magic to find Hermione's room. The blue light like string appear.

The strings extend towards the end of the Griffindor room.

Tom open the door surprisingly it was not Lock. He scans inside.

It was just a normal room with vintage staff inside. He walks into her reading space and notices her bookshelves with a very limited edition of books. From the darker corner of the shelves, he notices another book.

Dark art.

So she also in dark arts!

Tom keep looking everywhere but he couldn't see nor trace anything that is powerful.

Because she is power!

He said in his mind. Tom notices her bed is cold. The teachers must have been done something.