Chapter 10: Immortality

She was in her dream state again. There was a camp in the middle of the forest. It was no ordinary forest.

She stood there outside the camp before she knows it her feet walk inside

There it was again, it was the same person she saw on the train but this time they were older.

They were having a conversation. She couldn't understand what they were talking as if her ears are blocked but what she confused most is that they were talking to her like she was part of it.

"Hocruxes.."

"Lord Voldermort.."

That was the only words she heard

"Hermione wake up", Hermione didn't notice she had fallen into sleep in the library. She suddenly felt embarrassed when she notices her droll and immediately wipe it. It was Tom who awakens her.

Tom sat in front of her while she fixes herself.

"Who's Harry?"

Ask Tom which made her confused.

"Harry? whose that?"

"I ask you the same questions, you were muttering that name in your sleep", her eyes widened.

That boy in her dream!

Who is he?

Why did her heart suddenly felt pain?

Why?

Tom notices Hermione will never answer his question.

"Anyway, are you done with your essay on transfiguration?"

Hermione looks for the paper she had just finished. It was under the book spell she just read.

"Just finished it", she said and put them inside her notebook.

Hermione notices one of the books Tom has.

"Nicholas Philosophers Stone? are interested in Immortality Tom?"

Tom stop at his writing and look at Hermione.

"Just curious"

Hermione holds her chin and looks at Tom.

"Curious? your not the only one who said that to me whenever I ask them if they were interested in immortality"

He eyed her and put down his pen.

"What about you Hermione are you interested in Immortality?"

Hermione lean over the table and gave the same look to him.

"Sometimes but in the end what does immortality bring to a person. A gift of being undead? a gift of being young forever maybe? but does it bring happiness? maybe for a short while but what about the next hundred and thousand years? you watch people die and born. Those people around you what will happen to them?"

"Those people can serve the immortal one throughout their generation", Tom said.

"True but we're not Gods were just living things that were created by God, everything has an ending"

Hermione gave him a smile.

What is the meaning of immortality anyway?

"You really are a strange girl Hermione"

Hermione leaves Tom puzzled.