Chapter 9: The start

"Granger, Hermione", the unknown teacher had just called the name of a little girl. It was the same girl that she saw on the train with bushy brown hair. She was nervous, the little girl calms herself and walks towards the chair. The teacher put the sorting hat on her head.

"Griffindor", shout the sorting hat and the table in the Gryffindor shout in joys as other students sort into their house.

    Hermione had just woken in her sleep. She put her hands on her chest as she felt pain in her heart.

"What is this pain?", she asks herself while staring at the ceiling.

Minutes past Hermione prepared herself before going down in hall for breakfast. It was too early for most of the students to get up.

Once she reaches the hall there was only one student inside, it was Tom eating his breakfast. Hermione walk towards the Gryffindor table and started to eat.

Tom silently look at Hermione. He badly wanted her to line up with his knight, but how?

"Hey mate", it was Abrax Malfoy greeting Tom. Tom didn't reply not until Archon spot Hermione and walk towards her.

"Good morning Hermione", greet Archon and Hermione look at him.

"Good Morning Archon, you seem to be full of energy today"

"Of course I am, mind if I seat with you", Archon asked and seemed to forget Tom.

"May I remind you that Slytherin and Gryffindor are not in good terms", Hermione reminded him while giving smile.

"Right I forgot", Archon scratch his head.

"Well then maybe we can see each other?"

"We'll see", Hermione gave her sweet smile to Archon before she dismisses her breakfast that she had finished. Archon couldn't help it but smile, who knew Hermione can make him smile like there was no tomorrow.

"I hope you don't forget your mission Archon", Tom whispered to Archon. It was not a friendly reminder, it was more likely a threat. Tom exits in the hall.

Tom walk fastly in the hallway when afternoon came. They have just finished their class and as expected Hermione Perquiry can reach his level. That was he feared, he feared death but right now he feared someone had the same power as him. Well, Dumbledore is the most powerful one but not forever.

Walking down the hallway he spotted Abrax talking to Hermione. She was smiling with her and Archon gave a sweet talk to Hermione.

'Well, at least it will be all worth when she became your ally'.

He said in his head and observe the two chat with each other.

"You can't be serious, what happened after that?", Hermione was stunned by Archon's story about his memorable lifetime.

"Well I was got actually scared and ran away", Archon said.

"If you have captured it successfully, what would you wish for it?", Hermione ask, she was curious about Archon's wish.

"I was a mere child that day so my wish was all about toys and friends"

"Friends? why would you wish for a friend?", Hermione asked confused about what Archon said.

"When I was a kid I don't have any friends", there was sadness in his voice, Hermione could see it in his eyes.

"When I was a kid the only friend I have is my house elf"