5.

Chapter Five 💙🏁

Nip rode around LA checking on his traps

Nip rode around LA checking on his traps. He always did random pop ups to keep his workers on their toes, they never knew when he was going to make an appearance and they knew better than to get caught slipping. Nip was notorious for beating somebody's ass without even breaking a sweat.

"Yo!" he answered his ringing phone.

"Where you at, nigga? I been looking for you since last night. I stopped by your house and your black ass wasn't even there."

"I crashed somewhere else, but what's up? Where you at? I'm about to ride down on you," Nip told Mario

"I crashed somewhere else, but what's up? Where you at? I'm about to ride down on you," Nip told Mario .

"You already know where you can find me, nigga," Demario said.

"I'm on my way."

As he drove to Highland Park, Nip thought about how far he had come. At just the age of thirteen, Nip and his siblings witnessed the death of their father at the hands of the LA police. They claimed it was a case of mistaken identity when they ran up on their front lawn with their guns drawn and pointed at Ermias Senior, who was working on his car at the time. Nip was playing with his younger sister a few feet away when they heard gunshots.

To this day, Nip could remember his mother's screams and cries as her husband's body was filled with lead. According to the police, he was reaching for a gun until the realized it was just a monkey wrench he was holding. Nip's mother fell into a deep depression after that and tried to commit suicide on more than one occasion, which resulted in her kids being sent to live with their grandmother until she was mentally stable.

Now, being the man of the house, Nip knew it was up to him to make sure his sister, as well as his mother and grandmother were well taken care of. He turned to the streets at just the age of thirteen, running errands for the local corner boys. Chico, who ran the streets at the time, took Nip under his wing as his protégé and everybody knew he was molding him to take over the throne after him.