CH. 17 Welcome to the Shit Show (PART 2.)

Start from the beginning

I dropped my gaze from Lance, shaking my head.

Why did I even bother? Nothing ever stayed private when it involved me.

I heard Kade laugh, delighted by my failure.

"You know, Violet..." Flynn piped up, "I don't even know why we try anymore," He said, lacing his hands together on the table and giving me a blank stare.

I scrunched my nose up at him, "Well, it'd be a lot easier for me if you didn't," I spat back.

Lucas sighed, looking to Flynn, "We try because we care." He said, giving Flynn a pointed look.

Flynn glared back at Lucas, slumping in his chair and mumbling something under his breath.

"Anyways, Violet," Lucas sighed, "You're not getting off the hook no matter how much you try. Now, you can choose to argue and make your life a hell of a lot harder, or you can sit, listen to what we have to say, and maybe we'll lighten your punishment a bit."

I licked my lips, roaming my eyes all about the room, thinking hard about what he said.

West scoffed, shooting a glare at Lucas, "We're not gonna lighten her punishment are you craz-"

Lucas quickly silenced West as he gave him a deathly glare.

Their interaction happened quickIt was easy to miss. But, unfortunately for them, I had been paying attention.

A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips, "Thought we weren't supposed to lie, Lucas," I seethed, raising my eyebrows up at him.

He wasn't going to lighten my punishment, I should've known better.

Lucas let out a large sigh, rolling his eyes at me and entangling his giant hands within his hair, "Goddamnit, West," He grumbled, looking up at the ceiling.

West looked down at the table, realizing he'd screwed up Lucas' master plan to get me to cooperate.

"Sorry..." West whispered, the rest of my brothers glaring at him.

Lucas let out a ragged sigh, "You know what?" He asked, looking at all of his siblings sitting around the table, "I don't fucking care! I'm the leader of this household, and you will not disrespect Lance, Chase, or me any longer. I wasn't gonna lighten your punishment, I admit that. And frankly, it doesn't matter if I did or if I didn't. Because you're grounded till college." Lucas said, looking at me with a sickeningly sweet smile.

My mouth dropped open, and my eyes grew ten times their size.

"For till college?!" I shouted, grinding my teeth together.

"For till college!" Lucas shouted back in my face.

"You can't fucking do that, it's in-humane ," I reasoned, shaking my head.

Lucas seemed uninterested, cracking his knuckles and looking me dead in the eye, "I just did."

Smoke fumed from my nostrils and the pace of my breath quickened.

He can't do that... can he?

"All I even did wrong was what all of you have done before!" I groaned, "Cant you all get that through your thick skulls?!"