27 Ransom

Word Count: 1,948

The door opened in the early hours of the morning, Keith's head still groggy from sleep, the dugs they'd used on him the day before still slugging through his system. He barely even stirred when cold, thin fingers wrapped around one arm, another pair of hands helping to hoist him to his feet, the warm spot he'd managed to make on the floor evaporating as cold air hit him, sending a violent shiver running down his spine and he winced as the skin on his back stretched Dried blood and cuts cracked uncomfortably as he was moved into a somewhat upright position before being hauled to his feet, injuries screaming at him at the motion.

"Come on Bladey," the familiar sickly sweet voice giggled in his ear, and Keith attempted squeezing his eyes shut tighter, attempting to cling to whatever wisps of the dream he'd managed to grasp deteriorating between his fingertips as the seconds passed, "we're going on a little trip."

Violet eyes cracked in confusion, what-

He hissed a breath as his injured leg ran along the ground without warning, his weight carried by his arms as two of Lotor's generals (the- the pink one, and- the large one, if the hold on his arms was anything to go by) carried him out of his cell to- somewhere.

He was so tired.

He just wanted sleep.

His eyes fell closed again.

There was the whoosh of a door as something opened before he was thrown on the floor without warning, clamping his jaw shut as a whimper threatened to escape his lips, injuries throbbing harder and harder the more he became aware of his surroundings.

His eyes were closed.

He didn't want to open them

He was too scared of what he'd find if he did.

"Ah, ah, ah, you wouldn't want to see your team with those pretty violets closed, hm?" The thudding pound of footsteps approached, Keith could feel the vibrations through the floor, the thick booted feet coming to a stop just above his head as a hand descended into his hair, making him tense, "Well-" a dark chuckle that could only belong to the prince of darkness himself, as thin fingers suddenly grabbed at his hair and tugged, "-former team."

He willed himself not to react, he- he would not give them the satisfaction-

He gasped, eyes flying open as electricity suddenly shot through him, making his breath seize, bones throbbing and his mouth flew open in a silent scream.

He collapsed back to the ground a second later as the stabbing sparks receded as fast as they'd come, leaving him gasping for breath, limbs splaying across the floor and he struggled to prop himself up with a groan the dying sparks seeping into his bones. He caught Axca retreat from his prone body, the barbed, electrical weapon they'd been using in his for some time now clutched in her hands, expression hard.

It- it hurt.

"There, that's much better now, I can see those pretty eyes of yours."

Keith grimaced, holding back another whimper, staring down at the floor, black hair thankfully hiding his expression from the surrounding generals as he fought to get his lungs working again from the shock, gasps echoing throughout the room, each inhale painfully loud in his own ears.

"Sit, up, pet, I want you to look presentable for our hailing guests," another sharp tug of his hair and Keith got into a somewhat painful sitting position, far too tired and hurting to do much of anything else, pulling himself up to sit on throbbing legs as he finally caught sight of the command center of Lotor's ship, the massive screen showing nothing but the magenta Galra symbol for now, but Keith knew, with a violent roll of his stomach, it wouldn't stay that way for long.