6 Dragged Away

Word Count: 1,752

It's been three days.

Three damn days since they've been captured.

Three days since they've had any food or water.

And three days of complete and utter silence.

"Do you think they'll ever come in here?"

Well- silence from the Galra at least, Keith, and Shiro, on the other hand, have been trying to fill the silence with anything and everything they could think of (it was unnerving otherwise, when they could hear nothing but their own breaths echoing through the cell), but that's a hard thing to do when their enemies haven't so much as set foot into their little room of complete and utter hell.

For three whole days.

Keith could feel his shoulders shrug almost robotically at this point, too tired to think much of a reply to Shiro's question, "Who knows? I bet, they're just waiting for us to let our guard down."

Shiro nodded, his eyes looking about as lost as Keith felt, "Probably." He sat back against the wall, wrists hanging loosely off his knees, head hitting the metal wall behind him, metal fingers going back to drumming useless rhythms into his palm.

Keith sighed, repositioning himself into a slightly more comfortable position with a barely-heard remark of how cold it was, leaning his head back against the wall until he saw the ceiling.

Nothing up there has changed much either.

"Do you think anyone's even looking for us?"

He caught Shiro's shrug out the corner of his eye as he voiced the question. Keith knew he probably repeated that one more often than any of the other questions he could think of to say, but, it was the heaviest thing weighing on his mind at the moment.

They should be here by now.

Now, don't get Keith wrong, he wasn't the complaining type, not even close.

He just- worries sometimes.

Especially when Voltron has two paladins missing and being held captive by the Galra.

That was a perfectly good reason to come and find them.

"I'm sure they're doing everything they can," Shiro's voice was deep as it echoed through the room, and Keith once again squirmed to better adjust his sitting position by the wall.

What else could he do anyway?

The first day of their capture, all either of them could think about was hoping and praying the Galra didn't come opening that door to drag them away to a torturous interrogation, or even worse, thrown into the arena.

Day two consisted of the same worry, but it was dulled as they decided to play catch-up, trying to see if the other had anything new in their life, or something they wanted to talk about (it wasn't much besides Shiro's new hatred for Altean movies "seriously, what kind of a plotline even was that?).

And day three-

Well, they'd exhausted everything they could think of saying the day before. There was still no telltale signs of the possibility of a Galra soldier opening the door, Shiro was doubtful from day one they'd be getting any food, and besides the repeated question of how long it's been and whether or not anyone was looking for them, they didn't really have anything else to say to each other.

So they just sat there.

In silence.

Hoping, one way or another, something would happen.