An Accident (Part 3)

It's been almost a year since you became queen of Corona and you should be happy that you got everything you wanted. Well, you did enjoy the feeling of power and recognition and you were happy to have Varian by your side. But you couldn't help but feel like it wasn't enough.

You often heard the people of Corona wonder aloud when Rapunzel would return from her journey and how she would react to her parents' kidnapping and her younger sister being queen. This made your blood boil with rage. After everything you said, after everything you did for them, they still want Rapunzel over you!

You paced back and forward next to your throne in irritation until you heard a knock on the door. You groaned for a second before responding, "Come in." The door opened and a familiar person entered the room. You turned your body to see who it was. You smiled and said, "Varian, my most trusted adviser and alchemist..." You quickly walked up to him and hugged him. "And the world's greatest boyfriend," you whispered in his ear before kissing him.

When the kiss ended, Varian started, "My queen..." You signaled him to stop and said, "I've told you to call me (Y/n) when no one else's around, remember?" Varian chuckled lightly and said, "Right, sorry. I just come to report that pretty soon, the castle will be having hot running water." You clapped your hand and said, "Excellent, I could use a warm bath after a long day of ruling and listening to other people's complaints." You turned around and grumbled, "Especially the ones about when my parents will be found or when Rapunzel's coming home."

Then you turned back to Varian to say something before noticing that his expression had changed into a sad, thoughtful look. You asked, "Is there something wrong?" Varian snapped back to reality and shook his head as he said, "No, nothing's wrong." He tried his best to looked reassuring but it didn't fool you.

Varian's been acting strange lately. He always seem sad or have something on his mind and whenever you asked what it was, he just brushed it off and said it was nothing. Of course, you knew that it was anything but nothing. At first, you decided to give him some time to open up to you, but as time goes on, it started to bug you more and more as you wondered why he was acting this way.

You gently held his chin with your fingers to make sure his eyes met yours and said, "You know that I know you better than anyone, V. And I know there's something bothering you. I once tried to hide my problems from you but when I found out about my parents' lies, I come clean to you. You listened to me and supported me. So it's only fair that you told me what's wrong so that I could support you too." Varian sighed and opened his mouth to tell you when a door opened and Andrew and his crew came into the room.

"Hey, have you heard of knocking?" you asked in annoyance. "Well begging Your Majesty's pardon," said Andrew, "But we've come for our tribute." You rolled your eyes and said, "I've already paid the tribute." Andrew laughed and said, "Oh, but that was last month. You probably just lost track of time. You've been busy ruling a kingdom with only your boyfriend to help you."

You shook your head and turn to walk to the throne. "Come back tomorrow. You'll have your tribute," you said as you get closer to it. Andrew followed you as he said, "We're not leaving until our tribute is paid. Unless you want us to tell everyone that their queen is a conniving snake who planned her own parents' kidnapping."

You let out a "Ha!" and sat down on the throne as you said, "Go ahead, I doubt anyone in Corona will believe you." Andrew just smirked and said, "Oh I wouldn't be sure about that. You see, we know where you're keeping your parents and if our words weren't enough, we could just show them." You leaned forward and said, "You wouldn't dare." Andrew leaned closer to you and said, "Try me."

Just then, they heard a "ahem" and everyone turned to see a woman dressed like a ninja. "Sorry to interrupt this interesting conversation, but I have an important message for the queen," she said as she walked towards you. You immediately recognized her. You shooed Andrew away and leaned back as the ninja woman stopped a few inches from the steps to your throne and bowed.