Mad Love

You had just arrived at the castle, where the king and queen were waiting at the door. A guard open the carriage door and you stepped out. "Hello, Dr. (L/n). Welcome to Corona," said King Frederic, extending his hand to shake yours. "Hello, your majesty. Call me (Y/n). Everyone does." you said with a smile. Then the king and queen, along with the captain of the guards, started walking you towards the dungeon.

"I must admit I was surprised you wanted to intern here," said King Frederic. "Well, I've always had an attraction for extreme personalities," you said as you all went downstairs, "They're more exciting, more challenging..."

"And more high profile?" asked Queen Arianna. You laughed and said, "You can't deny there's an element of glamour to these super-criminals."

The captain unlocked the door to the dungeon and turned around to face you. "I'll warn you right now," he said, "These are hard-core psychotics." He showed you inside where some of the most dangerous criminals of Corona were held. Among them were the Stabbington Brothers, Lady Caine and her crew, and Hubert. "If you're thinking about cashing in on them by writing a tell-all book, think again," said the captain. But you weren't paying attention because you were drawn to a sound of whistling. You followed the sound to a cell on a far corner of prison, where you found a young man leaning against the wall. He stopped whistling and winked at you. You blushed a little. You had to admit that this boy was rather attractive. You examine his freckles, his blue eyes, his buck-tooth smile, and his dark hair with a blue streak across the bangs.

The captain noticed the way you looked at the young man, but he toke it as you trying to detect your potential patient. "I'd especially be careful of this one, if I were you," he said, "He's by far the most dangerous criminal we had."

You turned to the captain, finding it hard to believe. "What did he do?" you asked. "He stole from the royal vault, kidnapped the queen, and attempted to murder her and my daughter," he answered. The young man said nothing but he did gave the captain a glare before looking away. 

The captain continued, "He's also quite manipulative so I'd advise you be extremely cautious around him. Trust me, he'd eat a novice like you for breakfast." You looked back at the young man again. The way the captain describes him intrigued you even more.

The king and queen approached the two of you from behind. "Come, let us show you to your office," said King Frederic. You followed them but looked back one more time to the young man waving to you.

"If I may ask, your majesty, what's his name?" you asked, pointing to the boy with your thumb. The king was silent, seemingly hesitant to answer. The queen, on the other hand, turned around and said, "His name is Varian," before turning back. Varian, you thought. Even his name fascinated you.

They showed you to your new office and bedroom. After some guards put your things in your room, they decided to leave you to get settled in. You unpacked your clothes and some necessities before returning to your office to set up your office supplies. When you entered your office, however, you noticed a vase standing on your desk with a rose and a note attached to it. You put the box with your office supplies down and move closer to read the note.

Come down and see me sometime. - V

You can guess who it was from. You picked up the rose and sniffed it. You smiled as you take in the sweet fragrance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, you walked to the dungeon and convinced the guards to let you in, saying it was the king's order. As soon as they open the door, you immediately walked to Varian's cell. Varian smiled mischievously when he saw you, as if he was expecting you.