The Perfect Pair

It's inspired by a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode, "The Perfect Pear". I just thought it would make a great story. Also, if your dad isn't around or isn't like how he's portrayed in this story, I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long time ago, in a Kingdom called Corona, there lived two families. Both were farmers by trade and the fathers, Quirin Quirinson of Old Corona and (F/n) (L/n) of Young Corona, were leaders of their villages. However, they always seem to be at each other on who was the best farmer and who took better care of their village. Because of this, they, their families, and their friends were rivals to the core. However, the only Quirinson and (L/n) who ever got along was Varian, son of Quirin, and (Y/n), daughter of (F/n).

It started one day when a four-year-old girl was skipping along a sunny dirt road on her way home. Her (h/c) pigtails swing back and forth as she continued to skip by a field of buttercups.

"Pssst"

She stopped when she heard a sound. "Pssst," it went again. The girl looked around and saw a bush beside her move. She toke a few steps closer to it. Just then, a figure pop out of the bush. She jumped back with fright but soon calm down when she saw that it was just a little boy. He's about a year older than her, has dark hair with a blue streak in front, freckles on his face, and pretty blue eyes. She'd seen this boy before, while her father was arguing with the leader of Old Corona one day.

"Shh, I'm not supposed to talk to you," the boy whispered. The girl looked around to see if there was anybody else close by. She saw no one. "I'm not supposed to talk to you either," she whispered back. The boy took her by the hand and pull her into the bush. "You're (Y/n), right?" he asked, "I heard your dad called you by that name once." She nodded, "And you're Varian. I heard your dad called you too." He smiled.

They both lean down to the Buttercup flowers. "My mom said that if you hold a buttercup under your chin, it'll make your chin glow." He plucked a buttercup and hold it up to his chin. "But it doesn't work on me," he added,"See?" (Y/n) plucked a buttercup and hold it up to her chin as well."It doesn't work on me either," she said. However, in Varian's mind's eye, her chin did glow, brightly and radiantly. His heart pounded as he starts to blush. "It sure does, Buttercup," he said softly. His expression changed when he realized what he just said. (Y/n) blinked in surprise by the nickname but then giggled at how cute he sounded. "Buttercup, I like that,"she said. Both kids smiled before they hear their fathers called them by their names. They both said their good-byes and went home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 years later

Fourteen year old Varian was testing his newest invention, an automatic field plow that you could rode on and control it by levers. He hoped it would help make farm life easier for his father and Old Corona village. It seems to be working so far.

As he continue to plow along the field, he noticed that he was plowing by the (L/n) farm and spotted (Y/n) weeding the garden. He sighed dreamily and lean on the controls, which accidentally push one of the levers. The plow turned sharply, causing Varian to fall off and landed on the ground with a thud. He got up and saw the plow heading towards the garden, picking up speed as it gets closer. He ran after it, trying to stop it, but before he could, the plow broke through the fence and crushed into the water silo, causing the water it was carrying to flood the garden and got (Y/n) soaking wet.

Just then, (F/n) arrived to check on his daughter and saw this huge wet mess. Not knowing about the plow, he stormed up to the confused girl and shouted, "(Y/n)! What did you do?" The girl jumped when she heard her father calling. "I... I'm not sure," replied (Y/n) nervously. Varian, watching the scene from close by, thought about making a run for it before (F/n) sees him. But the look on (Y/n)'s face made him work up the courage to face the angry man. He's not going to let her take the blame for something he did.