Mad Love (Part 2)

(Warning: it has a few dark elements)

It's been a few years since jailbreak and you thought that you and Varian would've been married and starting a family by now. But no, that never happened. Varian had been so busy coming with plans to get his revenge on Rapunzel and Corona, he never had the time to even think about such things. He also seem to be treating you less like a lover and more like a servant. But you remained hopeful that when Varian had decided to give up or had defeated Rapunzel, you two would finally be a happy couple.

One night, while Varian was looking over his plans, you came into the room, wearing a nightgown that reveal most of your body. You were sure that it would get his attention. "Ahem," you said with a sweet voice. But Varian didn't look away from his plans. He didn't even say a word. You gave him a pouted look behind his back before getting on his desk and move in front of him.

"Ahem," you said again. "Go away, I'm busy," said Varian with a growl. "Aw, come on Vary. Don't you want to experiment on me?" you said with an seductive tone. Varian, however, just pushed you off the desk. You let out an "Ahhh!" as you fell to the ground with a thud.

Varian continued to draw his plan when he heard your voice again. "Oh Vary, I got Ruddiger," you said with a song-filled voice, holding the raccoon in your hands. Varian groaned and push you both away.

"Eugene was right," he said finally, "That set-up with the king today was corny. Pathetic." He was referring to his latest plan of trapping King Frederic in a chair and drilling his head with a small drill he made, only to be foiled by Rapunzel and her friends. He continued, "It's time I capped off our feud with Rapunzel by ultimate humiliation followed by her deliciously delirious death"

You thought for a moment before asking, "Why don't you just shoot her?" Varian blinked in surprise by this and turned to you with an annoyed expression.  "Just shoot her?" he asked, "Know this, my sweet. The death of Rapunzel must be nothing less than a masterpiece. The triumph of my sheer alchemical genius over her ridiculous Sun Drop magic!" Just as he said it, he threw a chemical ball towards you. Fortunately, it missed and hit a dummy of Rapunzel, make its "head" dissolve.

He muttered something before his expression changed, implying that he just had an idea. "Wait a minute," he said, running to his desk. He moved some papers over and picked one up. "I forgot about this one," he said, looking at it, "'The Death of a Hundred Smiles'." He gleefully acted out his plot as he said, "I'll lure Rapunzel to some out-of-the-way place. Then when she least expects it, boom! I'll drop her into a specially prepared tank, filled with genetically-enhanced piranhas." He laughed, "The last thing she'll see are those beautiful hungry smiles as they ripped her to... to..."

His wicked grin turned into a frown when he realized something. "Oh wait, now I remember why I scrapped that plan," he said with disappointment. He sighed and sat down on the nearest chair. "Piranhas can't smile!" he ranted, "Even my homemade laughing gas couldn't get a giggle out of them!" He groaned and hang his head down.

You were sad to see Varian down like that. You worked up a sympathetic smile and moved to get behind him. You placed your arms around him and said as you stroke his hair, "I know how to make some smiles, Vary." You weren't aware that Varian was annoyed by your effort to comfort him. Before you knew it, you found yourself thrown outside the building and heard the door slam behind you.

You got up and dust yourself off before sighing and said, "Face it, (Y/n), this stinks. You're a certified nutzo wanted in the seven kingdoms and hopelessly in love with a psychopathic alchemist." You walked some steps away as you continue talking to yourself and asking yourself some questions, "At what point did my life go wrong? How did it happen? Who's to blame?"