Baby (Part 2)

(Y/n) looked out the window and sighed in sadness. It's been months since she had last seen her friends and she missed them. But that's not the only reason why she was sad.

When she and Varian returned home, she found out that the Separatists of Saporia had taken over Corona and Varian had helped them. She was especially shocked to learn that the king and queen's memories had been erased, allowing the Saporians and Varian to take advantage of them and abuse their power. But before she could ran away to tell Rapunzel what really happened, Varian had her locked up in a bedroom of his choice. He also made it clear that she was not allowed to leave the castle without him.

Of course, Varian did his best to take care of her and make her feel comfortable and happy. But no matter how hard he tried, (Y/n) still felt like a prisoner. And yet, she tried to remain strong for her baby's sake.

Just then, she heard the door open and close behind her, but she didn't even turn. "Oh honey, look at what I've brought you," said a familiar voice with a sing-filled tone. It was Varian. He placed a pearl necklace around her neck. (Y/n) looked at the pearls and touch them for a moment before turning back to the window and sigh.

Seeing this, Varian let out a growl and said, "I took good care of you and the baby, I put up with your cravings and mood swings, I brought you gifts without number. And how did you thank me? You sat here and look out the window with a sad face! Is there nothing that will make you happy?"

(Y/n) turned to him and said, "What reason do I have to be happy? You did some terrible things in Old Corona, you lied to me and my friends, you kept me away from my family, and help those guys took control of the kingdom!"

Varian raise his hands up and said, "Okay, so I left out some details, but how do you think Rapunzel and her friends would react when they found out how the Saporians toke over the kingdom while they're away? And weren't you worried about what your family would think if they found out about the baby? I convinced them that you're still with Rapunzel to keep them from seeing you."

"But Rapunzel and the others would've found out when they get back anyway," said (Y/n), "And even though I'm still afraid of what my parents would think, I should've trusted them that they would still love me even when I had made a mistake."

"Mistake?" asked Varian, offended, "You called our love a mistake? I showed you that I want you, I never tried to hurt you, and I willingly travel a great length to get you back. Everything I did, I did them for you and our baby."

(Y/n) got up and shouted, "My baby! You may be the one who got me pregnant, but that doesn't make you their father! And at this rate, you never will be!" Varian clutched his hands into fists and shouted, "Well I'm doing the best I can to be the father your kid deserves! I'm trying to fit you and the baby!"

(Y/n) pointed at Varian and shouted, "Well that's the problem! You don't fit! You don't fit anyone! Not even your own father!" After she said it, her eyes widen and she covered her mouth in realization. She didn't mean to say something like it, but she was angry and it got the best of her. Yes, he did lie to her and kept her away from her family and friends, but he really did try to be there for her when she needed someone to support and love her and deep down, she still have feelings for him. She wished she could take it all back, but the damage was done.

Varian stood there and gave her a look of shock and sadness. Then he closed his eyes and tilt his head down in shame. (Y/n) looked at him guiltily and reached out to him. She started, "Varian, I..." But then, the door opened and Andrew, one of the Saporians, called Varian to come to the throne room. Varian looked up to (Y/n) for a moment before turning around and left the room. (Y/n) watched the door closed before she sat back down and looked out the window again.