The Ultimate Betrayal

This is it.

After almost a year of traveling and strange events, you, Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, and Cassandra are standing in a room where the infamous Moonstone is in plain sight. You five stared in awe at the glowing opal floating inside its cage.

Just then, Rapunzel's hair started to glow and stand on their ends. The black rocks glowed and shifted 'til the room went completely dark. Rapunzel toke a few steps forward and a new bridge appeared. Every step Rapunzel take formed more of the bridge until it reached the cage. The team followed her until they're a few feet away from it.

Rapunzel turned to face her friends. First, she spoke with Cassandra. "Look, I know these last few months haven't been easy for us, but I want to thank you for everything," she said, before giving her a big hug. Cass was taken aback a bit but she didn't push her away this time.

Then Rapunzel turned to you and place her hands on your shoulders. "(Y/n)," she said, looking into your eyes, "I know it has been hard for you to go through this journey with us, especially after what happened between us and Varian. But I want you to know that even though you were just doing this for him, I appreciate all you've done for us. Thank you." She pulled you into a hug. You jerked a bit, feeling a little guilty of how you were angry at her for what she did to Varian, but you hugged her back, not wanting her to notice.

"Okay Rapunzel, it's time," said Cassandra. Rapunzel stepped back and turned to Eugene. They held hands for a moment. "This is it, Rapunzel. Go get your destiny," he said. Rapunzel kissed his hand and said, "I love you." Eugene kissed her on the forehead before Rapunzel tap Pascal on his nose and walked towards the opal. The cage opened and the Moonstone floated up a little before Rapunzel. She slowly reached for it...

Just then, another hand grabbed it and pulled it away from her

Just then, another hand grabbed it and pulled it away from her. Rapunzel turned around and was shocked to see who's hand it was.

"(Y/n)?! What are you doing?!" she asked as her hair stopped glowing and fell back down. You glared at her and said, "I'm fulfilling my destiny!"

You clutched the stone in your hand as it sends out a powerful shock wave, pushing Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, and Cassandra back. Electricity spurted from it, as if it's attempting to get you to let go. But you hold on to it as tightly as you could. Then you pushed it into your chest, causing you to scream in pain as the Moonstone's power takes its toll on you. The black rocks spurted wildly around you as you changed. Your clothes tore off as smaller rocks appear on your body and changed into a new suit for you and your hair changed into a light blue color. You screamed as you're completing your transformation.

Eventually, after a flash of light, everything went quiet. Rapunzel and the others looked at you in horror, seeing you standing there with your head down for a moment. Just then, you let out a wicked laugh. "You should've listened to Cass, Rapunzel," you said sinisterly, "You have to be careful who you trust." You opened your eyes to look at her, revealing that your eye color have changed to light blue as well.

You see the shocked look on Rapunzel's face, which makes you smirked in amusement. "Oh don't look so surprised, Princess," you said, "You said it yourself, I'm only doing this for Varian. He is my destiny. And once I use the Moonstone's power to free him and his father, you will pay. You will all pay."