"She could never reach for it..."

When I was 17 I got a job as a babysitter for a neighboring street. It was calm the first days except for the little girl, Julianne of four years old whom I was babysitting. She was sweet and didn't cause much trouble except she always kept wondering off to her room saying her imaginary friend Maxim needed her to play. I didn't think much about it until the day I grounded her for spilling juice everywhere. The bottle was half her size and she said Maxim wanted juice and couldn't get down to pick some. I just sighed and took it as it should have been. A little girl playing with her imagination. She went back to her room as I cleaned everything. Minutes later I heard her crying I called for her thrice and she did not answer. I was a bit anxious about it so I went up to her room and noticed everything was messed up. I told her what happened and she said :"Maxim is upset cause I didn't bring him juice. He's thirsty and angry now." Honestly at that moment I was thinking that I probably should tell her parents to take her to therapist to deal with this. She was sobbing and her room was a in a disastrous state. I started cleaning up when I noticed even the books on the bookshelf were on the ground. There was nothing she could have throw at it and it looked more like someone just picked them and throw them all to the ground. She could not have possibly reached for it, she's too short. I took a deep breath and grabbed Julianne by the hand to gently and as silently as possible walk to the bathroom where we locked ourselves. I called 911 and a 46 years old man was found hiding in her closet.

Posted by u/Jharlord