I think there's someone else in my aunts house...

This story happened when I was 11 so sorry if I'm a little rusty in parts.

Every autumn holidays I would visit my aunt in Scotland for maybe a few days, never longer than 4 days. Anyway ever since I can remember my aunt and uncle owned a cross between a springier spaniel and a Jack Russell named newbie. Newbie was and still is the kindest dog I've ever met, he will never bite, attack other dogs or purposely try to hurt you but he does get a bit playful. Ever since I've known him I always got along with him, he's an angel sent from heaven. When I was eleven again I left home to join my aunt and uncle in Scotland for a weekend and like always I spent time with newbie. I walked him, fed him and played games. He especially likes playing tug of war with his small rope toy. That night while lying in bed newbie jumped up on with me and laid down next to my waist but I couldn't get to sleep because there was this charging port on the desk left of the bed emitting a red light. So I was looking for something to cover up the light with, a blanket or maybe a pencil case? But instead I found a book which looked like a horror novel from what I could see, on the front cover featured a girl or a woman in the woods I can't remember the title. It was a thin book so covering up the light let a faint glow come through the book but I could deal with it. While asleep I felt a sharp claw putting pressure down on my stomach, that woke me up and when I looked I saw newbie was standing up half on top of me facing towards the left of the room so I caught his glance realizing he was looking out the window (this was the guest room so I had no curtains or blinds) what I saw was a horrific woman staring into my room. By the time I realized she sort of looked like the woman on the horror novel I glanced down at the book and back at the window, She was gone. I took 2-3 minutes until newbie laid back down, whimpering and cuddling up to my chest. Waking up again in the morning I thought maybe it was a dream, that's what I thought until that night newbie refused to come in that room again.

Posted by u/GinNin25