I hate my new job

I really hate my new job.

I got accepted two weeks ago. The first week was completely fine, but there was still something off.

I don't know if it was only me, but I seemed to be very unlucky. On my first day of work I dropped a cup of coffee over my hand, which gave me some scalding on my arm. My co-workers just laughed, they weren't concerned about my injuries, they just laughed.

The other days were becoming worse and worse. My PC wouldn't turn on anymore, which caused my boss to be mad at me, I accidentally stabbed myself cleaning a kitchen knife and all other sorts of things where other people would probably be worried with what's going on. But my co-workers didn't care. They were laughing, all together.

Today everything seems to be much more quiet. I accidentally dropped my lunchbox today but no one said anything, and most importantly, no one laughed. But even when I had questions, they didn't answer. I kept on working on my own, but after I was done with the e-mails I usually work on, I went to my boss and asked him if there was anything I can do now.

No reply, he just sat there, motionlessly. They all really seemed to be into their work today.

I continued looking for other things I could work on until it was finally 4pm, the end of my work day.

It was starting to get real weird. I'm usually the last one to leave but everyone was still here, working without having said a word for the whole day.

I shake my head, pack my bags and say goodbye to everyone. Since I don't expect a reply, I walk out of the building before anyone would even be able to say anything.

On my way home I think to myself that I maybe did go too hard on them. I mean, who knew that cutting through people's vocal chords would make them go this quiet?

I just hope that they interact a bit more with me tomorrow. I mean, this is just the beginning!

Posted by u/ineedskins