Turn The Light Off

This has happened to me a few years ago.

I never believed in ghost stories or the urban legends that I have been told. That is all I thought they were. Legends. Well I was wrong. Dead wrong.

You see I live in a really small town. Everyone knows each other. Well in our small town. We have this story. You must turn your bedroom lights off before midnight. If you don't you are just inviting the spirit of a young robber that died in my town. This robber was known to only steal from bedrooms with the light on, and empty. They would find out if it was empty by tapping on your window. If no one checks to see if someone was there they would break in, and steal the most useless thing in your room.

I never believed it, until a few years back. I was home alone in my room studying for midterms when I heard a tap on my window. I thought it was the tree next to my house,but I remembered that my dad had cut it down the year before. A few minutes went by, and I left the room to get some water. When I came back the lights were off, the window was open, and a Crayola box that was on my desk was gone. Till this day I wonder how someone got in without using a ladder. After all I was on the second floor.

Posted by u/saeranUnknowSeoul