- Minho -

Minho -

"Do you think Minho will be okay with this?" You say anxiously, frowning as Newt shook his head.

"Probably not, I mean - The shank loves ya' and all that, but I doubt he'd let you become a runner." He admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Well he'd just have to accept it, I can't handle being cooped up in the Glade with boys constantly staring at my ass like their life depends on it," You growled out. "I mean - what would he prefer? More time with him for more time for guys to ogle me like meat?"

"You have a point there..."

"Thats what I thought, now, will you help me with something?" You ask, placing some stray hair behind your ear.

"Sure thing (Y/N)."

-----------------------------

You just finished eating when the runners came back. You place your now empty bowl of soup and run to the Maze's entrance, where you're greeted with a hug from the sweaty, dirty boy that is Minho.

"Hey boyfriend." You say sweetly, smiling as he places you on the group from the big hug you two shared.

You ignore the sound of the other runners comments, the usual 'Oh barf' and 'Get a room shanks'.

"Hey girlfriend." Minho practically beams.

"How was it today?" You ask as you start walking towards the Homestead, hand in hand with Minho.

"Meh, it was like what it was like yesterday." He says nonchalantly.

"Okay that sounded weird so therefor never say it again," You chuckle as you shake your head.

"Now listen," You began, stopping yourself as well as Minho from walking any further. "I-I have something to ask you and I really just need you to hear me out, can you do that?"

"Of course (Y/N), is everything okay? No ones hurt you have they?" He says with a worried smile.

"No, nothing like that," You spoke, shaking your head. "I... I want to be a runner."

Minho's smile immediately drops. "Absolutely not."

"W-what? Why?"

"Because I said no (Y/N)."

"Oh and I just have to take no as an answer? I don't get an explanation?" You yell.

"Yeah, pretty much how it works when your the keeper."

"It's because I'm a girl isn't it? You think I'm probably slow and will always be playing the damsel in distress." You say with a nasty glare.

"Well I can easily say I'd prefer you here than in the maze with me."

Your eyes widen with what hes just said, his eyes widening a mere second after when hes realized as well.

"No (Y/N) thats not-"

"Y-You don't want me with you?" You whisper, a stray tear leaving your eye. "Thats why?"

"Thats not what I meant (Y/N)! Dammit! I-I can't have you with me in the maze because I know you'll be safer here, in the maze, out there - anything could happen."

"Anything could happen here too Minho, I'd much prefer knowing that if we die, it would be when we're together... If you don't come back from a run and I'm stuck here - I-I don't know what I'll do."

More tears leave your eyes as he pulls you into a tight hug.

Stroking your hair, he speaks.

"Oh (Y/N)..."

"I-I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I'm the stupid shuck face that made you cry, I'm sorry."

You bury your head further into his chest.

"I-If you really wanna' be a runner that much, I'll see too it that it happens, okay?"

You look at him with wide eyes.

"Really? You'd do that?"

"Of course, I can't stand to see you cry knowing I caused it." He says, wiping away a tear.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you!" You squeal, pecking his dirty face with kisses.

"S'okay." He sighs In contempt, taking in each kiss.

"Now this way the guys can stop staring at my ass everyday!"

"The shuck heads do what now?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Look how cute Dylan is in that photo :') all proud of his potatoes and stuff aw.

Hope you guys liked it! Thank you everyone for the 5000+ reads!

With love,

Bridie xx