- They ask you out -

They ask you out -

- Newt -

You were busy cutting off tomatoes when Chuck came running into the Gardens.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" He starts shouting excitedly, attracting most of the other Track-Hoes.

"What! What!" You yell back through laughter, placing down a tomato into the basket.

"You're not gonna' believe what Newts done." He finally tells you after calming down.

Your face immediately pales, "What is it? He's not hurt is he?" You say with worry lacing your tone.

"What? Shuck no, he's fine."

Breathing out a sigh of relief you slap Chuck on the shoulder playfully,

"Don't scare me like that Chuck." You mumble.

"Sorry (Y/N), anyway - Newts planning something extremely special for you tonight." Chuck tells you, whispering the last sentence while his eyes watch the other Track-Hoes suspiciously.

Your eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, "Why?" You ask.

"I don't know!" Chuck says placing his arms up in defense. "He's your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend." You glare at him as you begin picking tomatoes again.

"He will be tonight." Chuch mutters under his breath.

"What was that?" You ask in confusion, this shank always mumbles!

"Oh, nothing." He says with a smile. Narrowing your eyes, you hear Chuck give a quick goodbye as he walks away.

'What the shuck was that about?' You think to yourself.

Newt, what are you up to?

- Later -

After a long days work, you place all of your tools in your bag. Stretching your body in a very unlady like manner, you nearly screamed when you came face to face with a smirking Newt.

"For shucks sake! Do you always have to do that!" You shriek.

He just laughs, "You know I love seeing your reaction, so yes - I do,"

"Any way, how was work love?" He asks you.

'Love? When did he starting calling you love?' You think to yourself.

"Hello? Glade to (Y/N)..." Newts voice snaps you out of your trance.

"Oh, I'm sorry, what did you say again?" You apologiesed, a small blush appearing on your cheeks.

"Don't worry about it," He starts to stroke your cheek. "I have something to show you." He adds softly.

"What is it?" You whisper. A smile appears on that charming little face of his,

"It's a secret, now I'm going to blindfold you - is that alright?"

You nod, closing your eyes as you feel some cloth being tied around your eyes.

"I'm just warning you now Newt, make me walk into a tree and its your own death on your hands." You half tease with a smirk. You hear him laugh, man - you could listen to him laugh all day.

"Are we almost there? Its dark outside Newt I don't know how you can see let alone walk with out a torch." You mumble. Growing anticipation fills your head as you wonder what he has planned.

He pulls you to a stop. You bite your lip in patience, hearing a little groan from Newt immediately

afterwards.

"Newt! Are you okay!?" You ask loudly.

"Uh - um yeah, just tripped over a rock, haha you know how tricky this terrain can be." He starts to ramble.

"Who says terrain anymore?" You laugh.

"Me, you shank - now are you ready for you surprise?"

You nod your head, feeling Newts presence behind you as he unties your blindfold. Blinking a few times, your (E/C) eyes immideatly widened as you take in the beautiful image infront of you.

A part of the homestead has been cleared and left behind brings tears of joy to your eyes. Fireflies in jars light the trees and light the way to an even better thing. A table is in the middle, flowers centered on the table and more surrounding the little area as more fireflies dangle above the table as though it was a chandelier. Simply breath taking.

Upon Newts eyes meeting yours, a small frown appears on his face.

"You don't like it?" His accent fills your ears.

"Newt, I love it." You whisper, hugging him as though it would be the last.

"Thank shuck for that! Do you know how hard it was to try and catch those little buggers." He jokes, pullling you along to the table.

After eating a delicious meal, made by the one and only Frypan, you and Newt took to lying under the stars.

With your head on his chest, and his arm around you - you felt completely safe.

"(Y/N)?" Newts voice breaks through the comforting silence.

"Hm?"

"D-Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks, a blush forming on his face.

"Of course I do you shank." You say as your lips meet his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So what do you think? :3
Any suggestions are appreciated. ♡

Bridie xx ♡