Letting Him In

(A/N - I alwayssssss do this but sorry for the late post again. And trigger warning || possible abuse Thank you all for reading my story~ sincerely, author)

~Y/N's POV~

Coming in through my front door, I thought the house would be empty, but for once I was wrong. There was my dad, in the flesh. He stood, staring at me in the doorway peering behind me. 

I shut the door lightly and turn back to him, "Y-You're home." I stumble.

I realize that those are the first words I've said to my dad in weeks. I cringe as he steps towards me with a clenched fist.

"Where have you been?" He speaks, slurring his words. Nice, he's drunk. 

I stagger my feet offensively, "Out."

"I want to know who you've been out with." He has an angered expression. 

I bolt past him and run up the stairs, calling back to him. "Friends." I slam my door and sit against it to keep it shut as I hear him stomping after me. 

I can still remember the last time he beat me, I was crying for his mercy after I accidentally dropped a glass in the kitchen and broke it. I'm not putting up with it again. I can hear his booming voice still struggling to grasp me through the door. I'm not letting him in.

Finally, he reaches my door and twists the doorknob furiously. He slams his side into the door, pushing me back and crunching my arm under the door. I wince from the pain of absorbing the shock, but I resist and push the door back. 

"I swear to god Y/N you better let me in there." He continues.

He pounds a fist against the door in an effort to get it open, I can hear the wood contorting beneath his hands as he repeatedly berates the frame. He slams into the door over, and over, digging the bottom into my arm more, forming a small pressure tear on one end of my forearm. 

But soon enough, it goes silent. He's gone from the hall. I look back to my arm, to see that the tear now spans my entire arm, and I've been dripping blood across the floor. I'm not staying here. No way in hell I am, not after that. I grab a few things to shove in my pockets, and I hop out the window and down the same tree, still trailing blood, but remembering to shut the window behind me. 

The moonlight is faint but visible enough to light my way back to Teddy's field. I walked along the same exact path that Teddy had left earlier carrying me. His feet crushed the grass beneath him, and left a trail. Now my blood is left behind me as it continues to drip down my arm.

I reach the field, and sit down because I feel my head going light from blood loss. I run a finger across my open wound, the blood glistening in the faint moonlight. It's almost as if it was oil leaking from my arm, dripping, warm, reflective, it was beautiful. I looked around to the patches of flowers and let a small smirk crawl across my face. 

I rest my head near a patch of daisies and close my eyes, blood still generously flowing from my arm. It leaks over the white petals and falls down the stems and into the tall grass. I slowly run my hand through the grass as my eyesight very faintly begins to wane in and out. My breathing diminishes, as I lose consciousness. In complete darkness, all I can feel is a warmth from the soft grass and daisies. I'm somehow more comforted now than ever before.

~Ace's POV~

I pick myself up off the ground of Eyeball's room. The jagged edges of the wood on the floor dig into my palms as I stand up. I look over to Eyeball, who has his stupid smirk he had last night when he was talking about Y/N. What does he know anyway? I'm not weak for nobody.