Late Nights

A/N This will be a slightly longer chapter as I haven't been able to post in a little while.

~Y/N's POV~

Still sitting on the floor of the tree house, I look down to my watch, only to see that it's 11:36 pm. I passed my time by talking to Chris about my life, my dreams, and my aspirations. 

"...and that's how I met Vern." Chris concluded.

I giggle softly, "Seriously? That's insane."

He looks over to the clock, and sighs. "They said they'd be here by now."

"What?" I turn my head slightly. "Who's supposed to be here?"

He glances back over to me, smiling. "I invited the guys to spend the night here, it's a tradition." 

I smile, "Alright; but if I had known I would have brought snacks for Vern."

Chris looks down, "Vern said he couldn't make it tonight, I was expecting Gordie and Teddy to be here." He turns back to me, "But I don't mind talking to you."

I turn my head to face him about to speak, when all of the sudden, flashes of light shone through the window. 

"C'mon men, move out!" Teddy screams from outside, running at the ladder and shoving his way up. 

"Hey Teddy wait up," Vern calls back at him. "My mom said I could come, wait up!"

Several moments of whining and yelling follows this exchange, accompanied by banging on the trapdoor by my feet. I look over to Chris, who is beaming with a devilish smile.

More knocking follows, this time by several fists. "Come on Chris! I know you're in there, let us in" Teddy whines. 

I shift over inside my sleeping bag, I was frozen in place as he kicks open the latch to the trap door and the guys enter the tree house. Gordie glares at Chris who still has that stupid smile plastered across his face; assisting Vern up the ladder.

Vern smiles and turns to Chris, "I know we're late." 

Gordie looks back over at me. "But I said I wouldn't miss it for the world." He has the sweetest expression on his face, and sits down. 

"You guys took forever to get here god damn; I was stuck here with Chris" I laugh.

"Oh no, that must have been terrible" Gordie adds. 

Chris shifts around in the corner uncomfortably before saying, "I told her everything Gordie-- you shouldn't be the one pulling jokes here or I'll tell her what happened at the park". He smirks

Gordie's face suddenly drains of all color as he shrivels against a wall and slides down it. Sitting with his arms wrapped around his knees, he shortly replies; "I take it all back Chris, please don't".

Teddy and Chris break into tears laughing at his reaction, while Vern is sitting there oblivious. I lean in towards Gordie and Chris, look directly into Lachance's eyes and in a low tone, say; "Chris-- tell me." 

Gordie shoots his head up and stares at Chris, begging him not to, without saying a word. The tensions are high in the room, all that could be heard for several minutes is the heavy breathing of everyone anticipating Chris's next move. 

Chris stands up and crosses the room, only to begin whispering to me as Gordie begins to turn paler by the second. In actuality-- Chris said nothing in relation to the park story, and instead told me to go along with his plan.

I try to hold in my laughter as Chris winks at me, sits back down next to Gordie, and wraps his arm around Lachance's shoulders. I look at the two of them with a concerned expression on my face before simply exclaiming, "Really?"