Break Me Down

~Y/N's POV~

Even after recounting the story for what must have been hours, I still couldn't believe it myself. 

"So you slapped him" Gordie repeats, in awe

Teddy points a finger towards me, "A-And tore his skin."

Vern whispers, "Then swore at him..?"

Chris and I are dying of laughter

"If only you saw their faces, they were so scared of Y/N -- it was unbelievable."

I sat back, still surprised at myself. "I'm screwed if I see them again though."

My statement dampened the excited mood that was flowing through the air. The static energy in the room was almost unbearable.

"They'll tear you apart." Teddy throws in

I run a hand through my own hair, really thinking about what I did. I made him bleed, he'll have those scars for a while. I'm as good as dead at this point, but regardless-- what's done is done.

"I'm still alive now, so that's a start." I state, blandly.

Chris kicks his feet back and leans against the wall in his chair, "She's got a good voice though."

My face flushes bright red, "Fuck I forgot about that..." I say, my voice slowly getting quieter. 

Gordie and Teddy lean in, "You sing?" Teddy laughs, "YOU? THE Y/N?"

I sigh, they're never gonna let me forget this-- are they? 

Just then; I had remembered something else to say before this escalated any further, "Hey Chris sang too!"

Chris's body stiffens as I say this-- Teddy and Vern burst out in laughter again, tears now streaming down Duchamp's face. Gordie looks to Chris and raises an eyebrow at him, but no words were exchanged between the two. 

We were all sitting there laughing when I looked over to Chris. His anger from this morning came back when he looked over to Gordie to see him writing more into the journal that we all had been reading that morning. Silently, Chris grabs Lachance, whispers into his ear, and goes out of the tree house to talk to him. 

I look over to Teddy and Vern who are just as clueless as myself. At that moment, I see the journal and pick it up, turning it over in my hands a few times before thumbing through the pages lightly. I come to a stop when my hands fall upon the page we had all been reading just hours ago. 

The page reads just the same as before, "It feels like I've know her forever, god I wish I could tell her." Damn did I think it had a name there just judging by the way Chris had reacted. I read on, lines and lines of the book are filled describing this mystery girl. I come across a smudge of graphite on one of the lines. The sentence is only mostly legible, "Even just her name is perfect, every time it falls from my lips I can't help but smile at it-- ███." The page goes on, the name constantly being redacted from the reading. I don't remember Chris smudging the pages. 

I had nearly given up hope on finding her name, when Teddy walks over and sits next to me. 

"He usually keeps the deep shit at the back of the book. That's where I find the good secrets anyway." His familiar smirk creeps across his face.

I fumble through the pages, seeing nothing but white paper, until the second to last page. There it was in its full glory, all his secrets. It felt wrong, but yet I was intrigued.

I can hear Teddy's breath seize behind me, he quickly pulls the journal from my loose grip. 

"What was that for?" I ask