Quiet Smiles

(A/N Thank you to the few of y'all that wanted me to keep writing, you've really made my day and so I'll keep up with this story as previously intended. Thank you guys for waiting so damn long for this-- It's about 3,500 words, and plays a little bit more with different perspectives. Hope you love it <3)

~Y/N's POV~

Wind blowing from my still open window, I wake up to the sound of birds in the distance. Stepping out of my bed, I glance over at the clock in my room, '10:27' it reads. I smile lightly, excited to see the guys once more. I take a look down to the floor only to see Chris's dried blood staining my floor.

"Shit." I whisper to myself-- my dad would kill me if he saw this. 

While cleaning up the wood to the best of my ability, I think back to the previous afternoon and it almost seems unreal.. like the world stopped around me. Not a single person moved while I vigorously tore up my fingers trying to rip open the window. Like nobody could hear my screams-- which was eerily familiar to me. 

My heart jumps and my breathing becomes short as I remember the day my mom left. She said she'd come back.. but 9 years later and I haven't heard so much as a word from her since. Dad was broken, he really loved her. But since then he's always hated me; almost like I'm a reminder of her. People always used to tell me I look a lot like her, even when I barely knew her. Now my dad acts like he can't hear me, or even see me half the time. For years I always tried to impress him, but I'm done with that.

I sit down on the floor next to the now faint stain on the ground, now in tears. Yesterday was the first time since I've moved here that I really felt entirely alone. I could tell they heard me, but they didn't do anything-- and maybe it was just them fearing for their own lives, but it hurt. 

I was entirely alone in that moment, sitting there on my floor feeling helpless. How was I surrounded by so many people and yet still so alone; it just didn't make sense to me. The only person who really heard me was Chris. 

Sure, Ace was cringing when he could hear my cries and screams from the tree house, but he couldn't even look at me; almost like it hurt him to hear me. Why was Ace hurt? He looked like he didn't wanna be there. God-- what is wrong with me; I'm just remembering things wrong probably, there's no way Ace could have any sort of remorse in that fucked up mind of his. 

Between sobs, my sight became blurry. I stand up and take a moment to recoup myself. Crossing back over my room I toss the bloodied paper towels away and open my closet up. Staring at all the clothes, I grab a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt to go with it.

Pulling the waistband up on my shorts, I button them and zip up the fly. I take off the shirt I had been sleeping in and toss it aside, grabbing the shirt I pulled out. Before I can get it on, I hear a whistle from my window. Turning, I see Teddy Duchamp with his signature smirk plastered all over his face.

"Y/N why didn't you tell any of us you've got one hell of a body?" He drops his smirk to a more sincere smile as he looks at me with those brown eyes -- damn those eyes -- and his hair a mess, draped in front of his face.

I was probably blushing badly, but I still keep myself calm enough to respond, "It's none of your business Duchamp." I laugh a little. 

"You put Annette to shame." He slows his breath, speaking in a lower more serious tone. "I mean it. You should smile more, you look good."

I roll my eyes, trying not to blush more, now throwing my shirt on over my head and pulling it on right. "Sweet talking me isn't gonna get you anywhere you idiot."

He jumps into my room and puts out a hand, "Well then shall we go to the castle, princess?" he bows. 

Now laughing a little too hard, I take his hand, "Show me the way, my kind soldier." I try to keep from rolling my eyes again.