UP

SUMMARY: You made plans with your boyfriend but all you want to do is stay home.

***

You were drained. Emotionally. Physically. All the ways you could be drained.

If it were up to you, you would spend the evening on the sofa cuddled up to Bucky watching a stupid movie, but unfortunately, the two of you had made plans.

Steve was hosting a small get-together at his place and the two of you had promised to come. Maybe, you could convince Bucky to leave earlier, even if that probably wouldn't happen. He loved to spend time with Steve, even more now that they didn't see you each other that often (that's what happens when you find love haha). You understood, but today just wasn't your day.

"I'm home," Bucky called out, the front door closing behind him with a bang. You could almost see the wince on his face. No matter how many times you reminded him to shut the door softly, he always forgot. As long as the neighbours didn't complain you supposed you could live with it. He's lucky you loved him.

"Hi honey," you said going to greet him, still only clad in a towel. Droplets fell from your hair onto the floor as you met him in the hallway. "Good day?"

"Yeah," he hummed pressing a kiss to your lips as he toed his shoes off, "Great day. Kicked Sam's ass at training."

"Sounds good. What time are we leaving for Steve's?" You paused for a second, smiling sheepishly at him. "Think we can come home early? I'm really knackered after work..."

"Yeah..." he mumbled and you were certain that he didn't like your suggestion. You were about to take it back when he spoke again, "...or we could just chill in our underwear at home instead?"

"What?" you frowned, "What about Steve?"

"I'm sure it'll be fine. I feel like we haven't spent time together in ages and I'm gonna see the guys tomorrow anyway, so..." he explained.

"You're sure about this?" You didn't want him to do this just because he knew you would rather stay at home. A few hours at Steve's were durable.

"Yeah, I'll text Steve. He won't mind," he kissed your forehead softly before moving towards your living room. "I kinda want to watch something Disney tonight, how does that sound?"

"Great," you answered from the bedroom as you slipped into one of his hoodies before joining him on the couch. He had already shed most of his clothes, lounging comfortably. You cuddled into his size watching as he turned on the TV. "Wait, which one?" Bucky did not have the best reputation in choosing movies and even if you could normally never go wrong with Disney, you had to make sure.

"UP?" he said when he came across the movie.

"No, that movie makes me cry," you complained with a pout, arms crossing as you turned to look at him.

"You can cry, baby. I'll be right here to wipe away your tears." He swiped a thumb jokingly across your cheek before pulling you back into his chest.

"Thanks," you mumbled, "I guess..."

"I guess?" he exclaimed in fake outrage.

"Yeah, I would prefer not crying even if you're there to wipe them away," you huffed.

"Oh, but I would prefer to watch UP so deal with it."

"Bucky!" you smacked his chest. "You're so mean."

"Sorry babe," he chuckled, pressing a soft kiss to the top of your head. "Now be quiet. It's starting."

"Hmm," you grumbled but still leant back into his arms, your attention already caught by the screen. He was lucky that UP was a good movie and that you wouldn't mind shedding a few tears over it as long as he was there to hold you.