Let it go? - Bucky Barnes

Summary: You compare Bucky to an ex forgetting he has super hearing

***

"Why can't you just let it go?"

The house was nearly shaking from the volume of you and Bucky's yelling. It wasn't like the two of you to fight but tonight emotions had run high when you met your ex while on a date.

"You acted like I wasn't there Y/N! Flirting with him right in front of me..." he ran a hand through his hair before dropping it in frustration.

"I didn't flirt with him? I hugged him and we caught up before he left again - and that was all in the span of 5 minutes," you said defensively crossing your arms, subconsciously shielding your body away. You understood why he felt uncomfortable seeing you with an ex, you feel the same if it had been the other way around, but accusing you of flirting right in front of him was insane.

"Oh? So you weren't twirling your hair or giving him that smile you normally give me? The smile you told me was a sign of you flirting or did I just make that up?" He scoffed, the veins in his neck popping out furiously.

You sighed, done listening to his jealous spat, turning your back on him and walking to the threshold of the room. "You are making that up," you paused, "I'm done with this. Come talk to me when you're not being completely irrational."

Why couldn't he trust you? In your annoyance, you forgot that he had super hearing and would be able to hear you whisper under your breath to yourself. "He would never have acted this way."

Had you turned your head back to look at him you would have seen the heartbroken look on his face, but you merely left the room clueless.