Grateful - Bucky Barnes

Summary: The past weeks had been stressful but ended on a high note with a work victory. Your lovely boyfriend agreed to celebrate in a low-key manner, even getting rid of some of the stress weighing you down. 

***

Today was the kind of day where it felt like everything went wrong. Despite nothing major happening, the smallest things such as being out of coffee, because your selfish colleagues hadn't learnt to share, was enough to crumble you.

The past weeks had been stressful, all leading up to this moment of wanting nothing more than to crawl into a ball and sob your eyes out. The frustration had been piling up and you knew if something minor were to happen it would be the last straw that broke the camel's back.

The only saving thing you was the thought of coming home to Bucky. You had lucked out in the boyfriend department. He had been a life-saver the past weeks. He knew how much you had on your shoulders and made sure to take care of some of your workload in the house.

"Go on home, Y/N. We closed the deal!"

Celebratory comments were made from your colleagues as your boss announced the win. Relief spread throughout your body as your hard work had not been for nought. All the late-nights staring at a bright screen, phone calls, meetings and thoughts only revolving around this project had paid off.

You were out of your chair in an instant, itching to go home and relax. You smiled at everyone, shaking your boss's hand but all that was on your mind was snuggling up to Bucky, relaxing all evening, not a single hint of work in mind.

"Hi, babe! You're home early," Bucky commented as you set your stuff down in the hallway, shrugging out of your jacket as heels were kicked off, tumbling into different corners.

You hummed as you walked into his open arms, accepting his hug. His comforting smell wafted over you, reminding you of home. "We closed the deal."

He held you out by the shoulders exclaiming with a wide smile, "You did? Congratulations! I knew you would!"

You smiled tiredly at his enthusiasm, reciprocating the kiss he gave you trying to show the appreciation that you knew were lacking from your smile.

"How do you wanna celebrate?"

"Can we just watch a movie and fall asleep on the couch?" You gave him a sheepish smile gesturing to the living room.

He nodded, seemingly understanding your train of thought. Thank god, you had an understanding partner, who knew you would rather spend an evening at home after a hard week than go out celebrating.

"Yeah, we can order some takeaway."

"Thank you," you smiled gratefully, closing the distance and brushing your lips against his.

"Anything for you, doll," he grinned capturing your lips properly, deepening the kiss.

"So, what's the number again?" He pulled you towards the couch, Netflix already up on the TV screen.

"Hmm, I don't know. Check the saved contacts on your phone, or the recently called, you'll probably find it there."

He turned around a flabbergasted look on his face. "I don't like what you're suggesting."

"What are you gonna do about it?" You smirked watching as mischevious look crept on his face, promptly making you regret your decision.

"Oh no," you whispered to yourself.

"Oh no, indeed." He agreed, leaping to grab you, hands instantly travelling down your side in a tickling rampage.

"Stop!" you cried out, laughter bubbling from your lips.

"Say the word." He grinned, having missed the sound of your laughter filling the house.

"I'm sorry!" you repeated it until his hands finally ceased their movements.

"Good," he smiled hearing your panting, planting a kiss on your forehead before helping you up.

He laid down on the couch gesturing for you to lay down between his legs. His arms encased you instantly, fingers caressing the skin it could reach. This was everything you had had in mind. A movie night at night home snuggled up to your man.

"Love you," you whispered, heart full of love for the man in front of you. He never ceased to amaze you, and it was incredible how he knew how to cheer you up - you could almost physically feel the stress melting away.

"Love you, too." He pressed a kiss to the top of your head before you both returned your attention the screen.