Bad day

Summary: Bucky's had a bad day and the reader makes him feel better. 

                                                                               ***

You were enjoying your day to the fullest, relaxing on the couch with your newest obsession; a book about two people falling in love but also overcoming their own personal obstacles. It was mundane enough to let you forget about your own action-packed life filled to the brim with magic and superheroes.

You were so immersed in the book that you didn't even hear Bucky come trudging in mumbling angrily to himself. It was only when he fell on top of you that he was given your attention.

"Bucky!" you said surprised by the sudden weight on top of you, body tensing before you recognised the face of your attacker. He had placed himself strategically on top of you and were able to enfold you completely without crushing you.

He only groaned in response and nuzzled his head further into your neck.

"What's wrong?" He mumbled something incoherent against your neck. "Okay... Well, just let me set the book down, okay?"

He made a sound of complaint but lifted his upper body so you could get the slightly creased book out from its place in between your bodies. The moment it was away he immediately flopped back down.

"Wanna talk about it?" you questioned tracing patterns on the back of his shirt to which he shook his head, so instead of pressuring him you simply picked up your book and began to read again.

Your fingers absentmindedly moved from his back until they were lightly carding through his brown strands, pulling just like he liked it, flicking down to turn the page every minute or so, ignoring the small groan of disapproval he made until he caught onto the fact that your fingers would return again. He had once told you that he found it calming whenever you did so, and you used it to your knowledge everytime you felt him get upset. This time was no different than the other's and he quickly fell asleep, lightly snoring against you.

It was nice to have him all to yourself, away from all the danger and just being together, like a normal couple. You could even feel his tension seep away from his body, the longer you laid on the couch relaxing together. Whatever had been bothering didn't seem to anymore and he pressed a soft kiss to the bare skin on your shoulder, where your t-shirt had ridden down, in thanks. His lips barely touching you but still sending tingles through your entire body.

You laid the book down some moments later wrapping an arm around him, sighing contently before joining him in dreamland.