1 : Covering Up

[edited]
Caution too all new readers, avoid looking at the comments because there are spoilers in them.

Consider giving a follow and an upvote!

Also if you have time, visit my kp-fi page and leave a tip if you want!
https://ko-fi.com/havenesa

*****
I wasn't stupid.

I wasn't blind.

I wasn't ignorant.

I knew for a fact that those seven handsome people were my soulmates, and that was the very reason why I stayed away.

It wasn't easy, especially when we all attended the same university, and we all shared the same friend group. Maybe that was the reason why I became distant from my friends, to avoid them. In return, I all but removed myself from the social world, opting to just be left alone.

My friends still try though, the ones I've known since middle school stuck around. They knew me and saw me for who I am, and knew that whatever I was going through, I never meant to push them away in the process. Those people were the ones who kept me sane, the ones that made all the empty and lonely feelings bearable. The very reason why I still wake up,

Yet, it was beginning to not be enough anymore.

I knew they were my soulmates, but they didn't.

They didn't know, so I was the only one suffering, and that was fine. As long as they left me alone, and never see my marks, everything would be fine.

After all, they have already given up on finding their eighth soulmate, and instead, added a girl into their addition, that they loved so very much. They all loved each other so very much.

So how can I possibly interfere and ruin something that was sure pure and precious as their love? How can I taint something like that with my own presence? How can I possibly fit in that beautiful love they have?

The answer is: I don't.

I just remind myself that everything will be alright, as the marks on my arm burn like acid, my mind slowly dwindling away and my own soul slowly disappearing.

As long as they're all happy, I'll gladly stay stupid, stay blind and stay ignorant.

*****

Wrapping my left arm up in bandages, I glanced at the clock on the wall and noticed I didn't have much time before I needed to head out for class.

Grunting in frustration, I didn't have time to readjust the bandages as I wrapped them up too tightly. I'd just have to endure the slight numbness that tightness brought with it, and fix it whenever I have the chance. Someplace where no one will see the marks I cover underneath.

I quickly grabbed for my black jacket and threw it on half-hazardously before slinging on my backpack.

When I approached the door, my roommate was finally up, with her messy light brown hair tied into a ponytail that got messed up due to sleep. Tired light brown eyes gazed sleepily at me, before she waved a tired goodbye, and mumbled something about having a good day. Sleep still edging in her mind.

"Lock the door okay Kimie?" I called out to her, as I walked out the door and ready to face another day of classes.

Kimie was lucky, she didn't have any morning classes like me, and doesn't have to wake up early to get ready. I, however, accidentally fell asleep the night they made class registrations available, and was lucky enough to have a 10 am class instead of a 7 am class. I honestly believe my brain wouldn't be ready for organic chemistry at 7 am in the morning, not that it was even ready for 10 am.