38: His Mother

[Unedited]

Da-Bin was never cut out to be a mother.

That much she could admit.

Yet she ended up with four kids, and it seemed as if they all resented her. At least the two youngest ones did. Her two oldest sons would visit her on occasion, but she supposed it was only when they needed another modeling job or a sponsor. Da-Bin didn't quite know if she preferred that or being blatantly ignored by her two youngest. At least they weren't putting on a false smile to get what they wanted, instead they made it blatantly obvious they really wanted nothing to do with their mother.

That was something Da-Bin always respected, and the reason why she sent her youngests, despite being adults, a generous allowence every week, and leaving her two oldest to earn for themselves. Then again, more often then not, the money she would send was always rejected and sent back.

It was until Da-Bin began sending the money to Namjoon secretly that she stopped getting return notifications from him.

Her daughter on the other hand, was always still a failure of sending money.

Da-Bin didn't even quite know what her daughter was even doing, wondering if she was doing well, and the money returned to her was the only clue that her daughter was alive, and possible doing well with her life.

A life that Da-Bin wasn't part of.

Yet she didnt really care or mind.

After all, Da-Bin accepted a long time ago, she was never cut out to be a mother. The only parental support she could have ever provided was money and opportunity, nothing else. It was something her two oldest quickly grew accustomed to, and was fine with it, as long as their mother kept providing them that opportunity for success and money when they needed it. However, Yoongi and Areum needed more, something she couldn't give no matter how hard she tried, no matter how hard she tried to adapt and adjust.

No one ever told her that being a mother was going to be so difficult. No matter how much money and luxury she could provide, it was never enough for them, and Da-Bin didn't know why.

All Da-Bin tried was to make sure her children were healthy.

It was just that she forgot the 'happy' aspect of that thought.

Da-Bin could never understand the complexity of human emotions and just how sensitive it could be. Maybe that was why, despit being married to her soulmate and having children with him, it still ended up with a divocrce paper, and the two sitting in court with one another.

That divorce, no matter how hard she tried to protect the children, no matter how hard she tried to compromise, no matter how tried to bond, and matter how much she tried to change, Da-Bin still failed.

Maybe she should have just abandoned her rights to her kids when they were battening for custody. Despite her husbands rather violent temperament, surely he wouldn't have taken his anger out in the kids. Da-Bin's overconfident attitude and overbearing way of acting was the reason for her once gentle soulmate to turn into someone she didn't know and would flinch every time his voice was raised.

Though something in Da-Bin never trusted her soulmate to take care of her children, even though she did a crappy job at it as well.

That idea only solidified when her ex-husband decided to give up all custody rights for measly 10 million dollar check.

Was their four children really just a measly 10 million dollars to that damn bastard?

It only caused her only daughter to hate her more.