Day In Different Shoes

A small shake to the shoulder woke her up.

"Hey, it's time for school!"

Karen rubbed her eyes open to see her sister, Christine.

"Morning."

"Morning. Come on, I made waffles."

She nodded and promptly rolled out of her bed. After washing her face, she sat down at the table.

Christine slid a plate across the table. Karen thanked her and started eating.

"How's life been going?" She asked, between bites.

"Oh, nice. The community theater is putting on a production of Be More Chill, and I'm playing Christine."

"...What?"

"There's a character named Christine."

Karen quietly muttered, "Oh."

"I've also commissioned the same person I always do for the costumes."

"Ah, the one in Japan? T..Tsmeegi?"

Christine nodded.

Karen didn't understand at first why she always asked someone in an entirely different country than them, but after she saw the beautifully crafted costumes, she understood.

She finished her plate and pushed it towards Christine, heading off to her room.

Karen changed into her clothes, before picking up the red coat she also wore.

It was a birthday gift from Christine, who got it from the same Japanese tailor. She loved the coat. It felt safe and comfortable, and it reminded her someone loved her.

She slipped it on, along with the two hair ties that put her hair in two low ponytails.

Karen put on some simple makeup and walked over to the door with her backpack.

Christine opened the door, "Come on."

They started walking to school. Karen nervously glanced at a red house. (A/N: Hey yall remember the report cards-)

They split up once they got to school, Christine heading to her eighth grade classes and Karen to her seventh grade classes.

Karen sat down next to Kelly. "Morning!"

"Morning."

Alice waved from her other side.

There were loud footsteps and Kiyomi and a boy ran into the room, breathing heavily. Katashi looked up from his book, "Sit down, you have a minute before you're late."

Karen blinked as Katashi hugged the boy. Wasn't he dating Haruki? She looked a little closer.

"Did you get a haircut?" She asked Haruki. He nodded. The new hairstyle had his bangs parted to the right and his ponytail was gone.

"Wow, I didn't think you could get any more ugly," Kelly commented.

Katashi narrowed his eyes, standing up before Haruki shoved him back down. "Don't. It's not worth it."

Alice looked over from the 3DS in her hand, "Oh, what's with the outfit changes?"

Karen looked back over. Haruki was wearing a red hoodie with black accents and brown khakis.

Kiyomi was wearing a green jacket with a blue hood and a red undershirt. She had on a purple skirt and black thigh high socks. "It's winter, it's cold!"