Sweet as Blood

Kiyomi held the flowers in her hand, looking at the gravestones in front of her.

Shuichi Saihara and Kokichi Ouma
XXXX - XXXX
Cause of Death: Stab Wounds

She felt tears fall down her face as she continued staring.

Where did the stab wounds even come from?

They were enjoying a day together when Kiyomi left for school. When she came back-

She paused.

Were those footsteps behind her?

Instead of doing the normal thing and turning around, Kiyomi dove into a nearby bush, tossing the flowers she brought next to the gravestone.

She held her hands to her mouth as a man approached the grave.

He placed down bright red roses.

Along with a bloodstained knife.

In her shock, Kiyomi moved her leg, causing the bush to make noise.

The man turned to the bush, walking closer before he pushed some leaves out the way, revealing Kiyomi.

He smiled.

"I hope your blood will be as sweet as your dads'."

--------------

Kiyomi sat straight up, sweating furiously.

She looked around, frantically.

Monotaro.....Her diary....Picture Frame....

Kiyomi sighed in relief.

She was in her room, safe and sound.

Although, she had tears running down her face.

The door squeaked open, "Kiyomi?"

A hiccup escaped her, "D-Dad?"

Shuichi walked over, sitting down on her bed, "Are you okay? What happened?"

"W-What time is it?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Twelve am, but that doesn't matter right now."

Kiyomi tried to quiet her crying as to not wake Kokichi, "I-I had a n-nightmare."

Shuichi rubbed her head, "What was it about? When I had a nightmare, talking about it usually made me feel better."

"Um, y-you two w-were dead from stab wounds, and there was this man, and he dropped this knife in front of your grave, and then he walked towards me, and he said, 'I hope your blood will be as sweet as your dads'." As Kiyomi recalled her nightmare, she talked faster and faster.

Shuichi smiled, kissing her forehead, "Don't worry sweetheart. We're not going anywhere until you can take care of yourself."

Kiyomi subtly grinned, snuggling back into her blankets, "Thanks dad. Good night."

"Good night sweetheart." Shuichi closed the door behind him.

Shuichi walked into the dining room, looking at the paperwork on the table.

He didn't notice the man behind him with a knife.

(A/N: The last two paragraphs aren't canon-
How'd you enjoy that Halloween special?)