"The fate of the kingdom will be decided here." Arthur said quietly from on his own horse next to Aria. " make camp, take-up positions."

"It is a death trap, Sire" Leon warned

"That's the idea" Arthur replied

"Morgan will have no means of escape, but neither will we," Leon said

"They will always outflank us. This is our only chance" Arthur turned his head to look at his men.

"It ends here, Leon," Arthur said to his friend. " be it life or death. It ends here. "

_______________________________________

Merlin was awoken the same morning by a voice. A voice he never thought he would head again. The voice of his father, Balinor.

"Merlin..."

Merlin opened his eyes" Father?..."

Merlin turned his head and stared at the pale figure that was his father.

"My son," Balinor said with a smile staring down at Merlin.

"Are you here?" Merlin asked. "Are you real?"

"Dead or alive, real or imagined, past or present... These things are of no consequence. All that matters is that you heed the words of your father, who loves you." Balinor replied " Do not let go Merlin. Do not give in."

"I have no reason to go on" Merlin muttered. "The battle is already over. Morgana had won."

"Only if you accept defeat. But if you fight, of you let hope into your heart, Morgana cannot be victorious. And besides Nerys is still out there. There is still hope "

"Aria has only just got her powers, she is not yet strong enough. So What hope is there without my magic?"

Balinor knelt down beside his wounded son. " Merlin, you are more than a son of your father. You are the son of the earth, the sea, the sky. Magic is the fabric of this world... And you were born of that magic. You are magic itself. You cannot lose what you are. "

"But how do I find myself again?" Merlin asked.

" believe, Merlin. Believe what your heart knows to be true-- that you have always been... And always will be" Balinor told him.

"Always will be. "

"Rest now," Balinor told him and Merlin started to fall asleep no longer having the energy to keep his eyes open. "Rest my son. And soon, you shall awaken into the light."

_______________________________________

Night had fallen and Morgana's army had now reached Camlann. Mordred had caught up to them after finding and freeing Aria. Morgana stood on a cliff watching her men train. Mordred came and stood beside her.

" Arthur has made camp at Camlann," Mordred informed her

"And the path? Did you find it?" Morgana questioned

Mordred nodded " It was well concealed."

"If Arthur imagines we can't outflank him, he's in for an unpleasant surprise" Morgana smirked before her face hardened "Send 100 warriors... Good ones "

Mordred looked out at the men fighting "...I'll choose them myself "

"And prepare the army. We attack tonight" Morgana ordered.

Mordred nodded and went to talk off.

"Mordred?"

He turned and faced Morgana again.