39

"Just one more time Rosanna," the recorder said into the mic. He sat on the other side of a thick glass pane and accompanying him were four grown men known as the Arctic Monkeys.

  "Okay," Rosanna said and put her headphones back over her ears, positioning her guitar in front of her. She waited patiently for the countdown and the glow of the red light that told her that the sound was being recorded. As it beamed she began playing that quick riff she'd come up with back in Australia, effortlessly in the small studio on her own.

  Alex stood on the other side of the glass, a beaming smile on his face as he watched her in awe. He had managed to convince both her and their recording studio to have her come in and record the guitar riff for the song they were recording titled 'Knee Socks'. He explained that she had come up with it so the band felt guilty if she did not play it on the record. Eventually, everyone gave in.

  Rosanna blushed and rolled her eyes when Alex showed her the lyrics he eventually came up with to fit her riff. It was fairly cheeky as it basically just outlined how Alex perceived Rosanna when she wore the knee socks he had bought her on her birthday. Rosanna punched his arm lightly as she read the line "never stopped you letting me get hold of the sweet spot by the scruff of your knee socks."

  "That's so embarrassing," she told him. All he did was chuckle and tell her that no one would know it's about her. "I'm sure," Rosanna said in response. 

  She would often have a small purple mark at that 'sweet spot' that Alex described. Once he'd found it, he sustained the information forever.

  Rosanna played the riff effortlessly and spent many sessions in her and Alex's home studio teaching Alex and Jamie how to do it. They both got the hang of it eventually but Alex still found it tough to play whilst singing. He also liked the idea of Rosanna contributing to the album in a way that was more than Alex's inspiration. She also co-wrote a little song called 'Fireside' that Alex had started writing.

  "That was perfect honey," Alex said into the mic once she'd finished playing. Rosanna blushed and smiled, shaking her head at him.

  "It was great Rosanna, that's all we need," the recorder smiled, taking the mic from Alex.

  Rosanna stepped out of the box and pinched Alex's cheek playfully. "Ay!" He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her to him from behind.

  "Leave me alone," Rosanna whined as Matt and Nick stepped into the booth to record a few extra backing vocals.

  Alex smiled and nuzzled his nose into the ticklish crook of her neck. Rosanna giggled, making him smile even wider.

  "Katie coming tonight?" Alex asked Jamie, looking over Rosanna's shoulder. It was now October and accordingly, they had all been invited to a Halloween party thrown by their record label.

  "She is too, yeah," Jamie smiled, leaning against the wall next to them. "What are you two going as?"

  Alex was about to reply when Rosanna interrupted, "you'll just have to wait and see Cookie."

  Jamie chuckled, "alright, better not disappoint then."

  "You best believe we won't," Rosanna smiled, sinking into Alex's chest as he still hugged her.

  "I heard Matt's missus is coming too," Jamie said.

  "Really?" The other two said in unison.

  Jamie smiled, "yeah. Haven't seen her in awhile."

  "He likes to keep her under wraps ay?" Alex said, earning a nod from Jamie.

  "He's very personal about it," Jamie agreed.