25

Matt entered the backstage lounge with the wisest grin on his face. Balling a hand into a fist and bringing it in toward his body like he'd just won a bet. Jamie noticed his behaviour and asked him why he was so happy. Matt just tried to play it off and shook his head, failing to hide his smile. He'd walked passed Alex's dressing room at just the right moment in just the right angle. He could barely express the sense of relief that flushed through him in that moment. He wanted to slap Alex on the back and give Rosanna the biggest hug. He knew they'd find each other eventually and was so glad he waited patiently for it to happen on its own.

He tried to compose himself before the two walked back in as to not make them feel embarrassed, so took out a pair of drumsticks and started practicing on the arm of a settee to keep his mind occupied. He was so proud of his friends, they must've been the last people to realise that they were in love. Finally, Matt said to himself. They belonged together. Since day one. They were made for each other. No one else fit together so perfectly.

Alex and Rosanna exited his dressing room a few minutes before they were due on stage. Matt could tell they were trying to act natural but they kept looking at each other with these twinkling eyes that only screamed 'love'.

"Monkeys! Get ready," the stage manager said and the guys started lining up to walk on stage.

Alex turned to Rosanna and wrapped his arms around her. She hugged him tightly and breathed in his scent. He kissed her cheek softly, making her heart flutter.

"I'll be watching you," Rosanna smiled. "Don't let me throw you off."

Alex chuckled softly and kissed her cheek again, he couldn't get enough of her. "I'll sing to ya."

"Alright you guys are up," the stage manager said. Rosanna removed her arms from Alex and kissed his cheek.

"Go get em," she smiled.

A wide smile crept onto Alex's lips and it took everything in him to resist the urge to kiss her. They didn't want to outright come out and act like a couple and so were trying to keep it on the down-low. Alex waved goodbye to her as he ascended up the stairs to the stage, blowing her a cheeky kiss and then jogging onstage.

Rosanna couldn't shake the smile from her cheeks. She'd never felt so in love in her life. She could still feel his kiss tingling her lips, she could still taste him and feel his hand on her cheek. His smile lit up her life. She wanted to give him everything more than she already did before. She loved him. And now she knew that he loved her too.

She and Kelly stood in the wings and watched the show from the side lines. Rosanna couldn't take her eyes off the frontman. She couldn't do anything but smile as she watched him perform. He caught a glimpse of her whilst singing "Piledriver Waltz" and from then on, it became a chore for him to avoid looking over at her. When he played "Suck It And See", he sang it right to her.

"Your love is like a studded leather headlock,
Your kiss it could put creases in the rain,
You're rarer than a can of Dandelion and Burdock.
And my heart lights up whenever I hear your name," he smiled lovingly at her. It felt so refreshing for him to no longer have to hide his emotions. She loved him too. He was living in a fairy tale and he was never going to let himself screw it up.

"Suck it and see you never know,
Sit next to me before I go.
Jigsaw women with horror movie shoes...
Be cruel to me, cause I'm a fool for you..."

They'd had a long conversation after they kissed, asking each other if they were ruining their friendship. They agreed that if anything, it would bring them closer together and strengthen what they already had. Rosanna made Alex promise he wasn't going to fuck around with her, deep down she was still fragile after what Andy had done to her.