9

She was dressed in all black, classy, and her hair was curled into an updo—a rarity for Rosanna.

  Alex stood and smiled as he walked over to her. The second her eyes fell on him, she beamed a smile. Rosanna ran in her heels to him as careful as she could and wrapped her arms around him. She was so proud of them all. Another album out after less than a year since they'd ended touring for their previous album.

  "I'm so proud of you!" Rosanna exclaimed and squeezed Alex in her embrace. He held her tightly and smiled so wide it reached his ears.

  "You look beautiful tonight," Alex complimented.

  "Oh shut up, look at you in your leather and aviators," Rosanna teased. "I feel ridiculously dressed up."

  "You know I'm low effort, love," Alex smiled. "Did you catch the cover?"

  Rosanna smiled, "I did and..."

  Alex waited for her reaction as she paused for effect.

  "I fucking love it. I really do. I love the simplicity of it," Rosanna said. Her excitement brought a wide smile to his cheeks.

  "No disappointment?" Alex raised a brow.

  Rosanna shook her head, "none."

  "I'm glad you like it," Alex smiled. He noticed the photographers around him and looked over at Rosanna who was still just that bit shorter than him. "Get a photo with me love," Alex said. "Gotta give you some credit for the title of the album at least."

  Rosanna rolled her eyes and stood by Alex's side. He wrapped an arm around her waist and they smiled for a few cameras then left them to their own devices back to the bar where Matt still sat.

  "Matthew!" Rosanna exclaimed and gave him a hug as she approached him. "How've you been, you slag?"

  Matt smiled and sipped his beer. "Fucking delightful. What about you, ya nonce?"

Rosanna laughed, "quite wonderful actually."

"Even better."

"Did you want a drink?" Alex asked.

"Sure," Rosanna smiled as she and Matt began a long conversation.

Alex waved the bartender over and ordered Rosanna a beer. He listened in on her and Matt's conversation and sipped his beer as he did so. His eyes scanned the venue briefly then returned to his two friends. He couldn't take his eyes off her for longer than a few seconds. She was enchanting and had him wrapped around her little finger without her even knowing it.

Matt laughed at something Rosanna said and noticed Alex's expression. He swore to himself. Alex hadn't looked at a girl like that in a long time. Matt could tell Alex wanted to say something to her but now that his feelings were in a blender, it felt harder to come up with anything to say.

  Shit he really must be in love with her. Matt said to himself and took a swig of his beer. He had that look that just screamed that he'd be a fool for her and that he'd let her destroy him and will still go crawling back to her. He used to look at Alexa like that, and maybe not even then. Sure Alex loved Alexa but when Matt thought about it, he couldn't pinpoint a time where he'd ever looked at her the way he was looking at Rosanna now. He's gone deep.

  "Alright, I'm gonna go find Nick. I'll leave you two to reek havoc on your own," Matt said and got up from his stool.

  "Alright see you Matt," Rosanna smiled.

  Alex lifted a hand as a wave to him and brought his attention back to Rosanna. God she looked beautiful.

  "Where's Andy tonight?" Alex asked as he sipped from his pint.