34

"Just might've tapped into your mind and soul.
You can't be sure..."

Rosanna clapped from outside the studio, sitting in the mixing room as the boys recorded each of their parts for their song, 'Arabella'. One of Rosanna's birthday songs from Alex and now they'd developed it into an actual track and were recording it for their next album. Alex laughed at her through the glass, blushing and running his fingers through his hair.

"How was that?" Alex asked into the mic once they'd taken the recording.

The producer looked up at him with a smile, "it was perfect."

"What do you think lads?" Alex asked the rest of the band who were gathered around the glass.

"Sounds great," Matt said and the other two agreed.

"Wonderful," the producer smiled, "Alright Matt, can we get you in there to record some more of the backing vocals?"

Matt nodded, "Yeah sure, absolutely," and swapped out with Alex into the recording booth. Alex pat Matt on the back with a smile and made his way over to Rosanna who was sitting rugged up in an oversized jumper.

"How you feeling?" He asked gently and sat down beside her.

"Drugs have kicked in but I still feel like shit," Rosanna said, her voice nasally and weak. Her eyes were red and she looked pale. Alex told her not to come to the studio and to rest instead but she insisted on coming.

"You want me to get you some water?" Alex asked, wrapping an arm around her.

"No, no, no, don't hug me. I don't want you to get sick," Rosanna said and looked at him tiredly.

Alex pouted and his brows furrowed, "Rosanna you sure you don't want to go home? You look exhausted."

"I wanna watch you guys," Rosanna said, interrupting herself with a cough.

"Babe, you can watch us every other time but I want you to get better," Alex said and put a hand on her cheek, "it's no good for you to be out and about when you're ill."

Rosanna sighed and pouted, looking at the ground, "Okay," she looked back up at Alex apologetically, "I'm sorry."

Alex smiled gently at her, "Don't be darling. I just want to take care of you." He leant forward to kiss her on the forehead when she quickly recoiled, restating that she didn't want to get him sick with whatever she had.

It was almost like she'd been fighting off a sickness the entire tour and now that she was back home, it finally hit her. She woke up feeling absolutely awful up until Alex told her he had to go out to the studio. Then she forced herself to take some medications and told him she wanted to go and support them.

  Alex drove Rosanna back to her place as requested as Rosanna did not want to spread her sickness in Alex's house. It had been about a week since they got back from touring and the two of them had been spending most of their time at Alex's place.

  He tucked her up warm in her bed and grabbed her a glass of water and a few ibuprofen tablets, sitting at the edge of her bed and placing his hand carefully on her forehead to check if she had a temperature.

  "Yer not burning up which is good," he said and removed his hand from her face. "Do you need anything else, love?"

  Rosanna shook her head and looked up at him lovingly. There were small tears in the corners of her eyes from how irritated they were and her nose was red and lips pale. But still she looked like the most beautiful girl in the world to Alex. "Thank you so much Al," she said, "for taking care of me."