Twelve-an emotional visit

An Emotional Visit

Mary Ann sat in the hospital waiting room, slouched in a cold chair and staring off into space. The castaways and Rose gathered around in the many empty chairs, with Ginger next to Mary Ann. After the Professor collapsed, he was taken to the hospital and sent to a room right away for evaluation. Nobody knew what was going on and the mystery made everyone anxious.

"It'll be okay," Ginger comforted as she put an arm around Mary Ann. "The Professor will be alright."

Mary Ann wanted to gag. Sure, she wanted the Professor to be okay, but life didn't work that way. She was more sure than not that he was fine, but she truly didn't know.

"What's taking the doctors so long?" Mary Ann said, ignoring Ginger.

"They'll be here," Ginger said, giving Mary Ann's shoulder a squeeze. "Don't worry."

Mary Ann scanned around the room at her friends who all had worried looks in their eyes. "How can I not worry Ginger when the man I love is in there possible unconscious?" Mary Ann tossed her words out so quickly she didn't have time to process them.

A smile crept on Ginger's face. "Mary Ann, you love the Professor?"

Mary Ann jerked her head towards Ginger. "I didn't say that."

Ginger's face beamed. "Yes you did. You just said you loved him."

Mary Ann felt like her brain was being shook. She couldn't think or talk straight. Between Professor collapsing, the status of her relationship with the Professor, and her "feud" with Rose, she desperately needed a break from it all.

"Forget what I said Ginger. Can we just focus on the fact that I witnessed the Professor collapse in living room of the Howell's mansion."

Feeling the stress of her friend, Ginger took her arm off of Mary Ann and got up to let her be. It wasn't long before Gilligan took her place.

"Cheer up Mary Ann," he said. "The Professor has to be okay because you two are soulmates."

Mary Ann could feel Rose listening in on their conversation a few chairs down, but that didn't stop her from continuing. "Soulmates? How do you know Gilligan?"

"Because, what are the odds of you getting shipwrecked together and falling in love? You two are meant for each other. I love seeing you happy when you are with him." Gilligan smiled, which boosted Mary Ann's spirits.

"Aw Gilligan." Mary Ann put her head on his shoulder. "Thanks, you really cheered me up."

The Skipper came over and put a hand on Mary Ann's shoulder, then Mr. and Mrs. Howell joined as well, followed by Ginger. The Professor meant so much to all of them, each in their own special ways, but they knew the special connection Mary Ann had with him. Rose looked as though she wanted to join, but she was restraint. As the gang paused for a brief moment of silence, thinking of the Professor, a doctor came over.

"Who's the family member of Roy Hinkley?" The women said.

The castaways dispersed from Mary Ann. "Uh we're all of his friends, he's not from here," the Skipper told her.

"But we're practically like family," Ginger added.

"Hey, aren't you those castaways that were stranded on that island for three years?" The doctor realized when she looked up from her clipboard.